OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Hmmm I've been holding off on buying LTH because I sure as hell don't want to install them. I might have to hit you up on pricing!

I've done a few header installs on S550's and I'll tell ya, they can be a bitch. The biggest issue I've faced is making sure the cat pipes after the headers fit into the catback exhaust you have now. The last one I did required some physical persuasion to get everything to fit that I couldn't anticipate. If everything goes smoothly I could quote you significantly less than the major shops around here.

Give me a shout when you're ready!
Sponsored

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've done a few header installs on S550's and I'll tell ya, they can be a bitch. The biggest issue I've faced is making sure the cat pipes after the headers fit into the catback exhaust you have now. The last one I did required some physical persuasion to get everything to fit that I couldn't anticipate. If everything goes smoothly I could quote you significantly less than the major shops around here.

I'll second this. Overall it wasn't hard with the right tools, and I had to persuade my Kooks headers into the Magnaflow cat-back. My biggest face-palm moment was losing stuff down in the k-member. There's probably still a few e-clips and lock tabs down there.

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

The ones I plan to get are catless and have a 3" connection pipe assembly specifically for 3" aftermarket exhausts like I have. I've heard the biggest pain is just removing the stock headers (removing motor mount and starter, etc.). I would love to get a quote from you so I have an idea of what I'm gonna have to spend on install! PM me if you'd like. I'm lookin at the Pypes 1-7/8" Step Header with 3" Collector fwiw. Thanks dude!

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The ones I plan to get are catless and have a 3" connection pipe assembly specifically for 3" aftermarket exhausts like I have. I've heard the biggest pain is just removing the stock headers (removing motor mount and starter, etc.). I would love to get a quote from you so I have an idea of what I'm gonna have to spend on install! PM me if you'd like. I'm lookin at the Pypes 1-7/8" Step Header with 3" Collector fwiw. Thanks dude!

PM sent!

Catless headers and race catback is going to definitely wake the neighborhood!

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
After talking to the shop owners at RPM Autohaus, it looks like I can do any kind of mod installs throughout the week and not just on weekends. If you have a second vehicle and you can drop off your Mustang then we can keep our weekends free. Our labor rates will remain competitive even though you won't be paying me directly.

Sponsored

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
After talking to the shop owners at RPM Autohaus, it looks like I can do any kind of mod installs throughout the week and not just on weekends. If you have a second vehicle and you can drop off your Mustang then we can keep our weekends free. Our labor rates will remain competitive even though you won't be paying me directly.
Peter, thanks again for installing my LTH! Peter is a great dude. Very friendly and knowledgable. I'm going back to RPM next Saturday to get an alignment :cheers:

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Also,

My car club, Nu Conceptz, is hosting our 5th annual Spring car show on April 30th, 2017 at Osbourn Park High School in Manassas, VA. Our venue has parking for up to 700 vehicles. We invite all cars, bikes, and trucks to come out. We will have raffle prizes, numerous trophy categories, food truck vendors, live DJ, car limbo and other entertainment/activities.

$10 per car, includes free registration for the trophy/judging part of the show.

Tell your friends!

Facebook event page for more details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1409029475805934/

Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nuconceptz
and Instagram: instagram.com/nu_conceptz

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Peter, thanks again for installing my LTH! Peter is a great dude. Very friendly and knowledgable. I'm going back to RPM next Saturday to get an alignment :cheers:

Those headers were by far the easiest set I've even installed. Everything went together very smoothly. The sections that go from the headers to the catback were so easy to adjust for perfect fit, if I ever wanted to redo the headers on my car I'd go with those.

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
There is going to be a little photography meet next to my work in Gainesville this coming Saturday, from 2-5. At least one M6G member has expressed interest, everyone is welcome to join and get some cool photos of their ride plus chat about some future upgrades. The shop will be locked by then but we can schedule some future dates.

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There is going to be a little photography meet next to my work in Gainesville this coming Saturday, from 2-5. At least one M6G member has expressed interest, everyone is welcome to join and get some cool photos of their ride plus chat about some future upgrades. The shop will be locked by then but we can schedule some future dates.
Well crap. I wish I could show, but the Mustang is in the hospital for a while. Unless you want to take pictures of my hot Buick Lacrosse....

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Well crap. I wish I could show, but the Mustang is in the hospital for a while. Unless you want to take pictures of my hot Buick Lacrosse....

Ruh roh what happened? You can still hang out without the stang of course. There will be a bunch of motorcycles there too.

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The short story: I got rear-ended in North Carolina. Lady hit me offset and damaged the driver's quarter panel and bumper. Paid to have it transported up here and they damaged the car while it was on the trailer. The damage total right now is close to a total loss, so I'm waiting to see what happens when the body shop starts pulling stuff apart.

If you post here again around noon, I'll head down. I know I'll forget by the time the weekend rolls around.
Sponsored