Sponsored

Anyone know when a 2018 will be avail physically to purchase ?

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Well i got some sort of idea's from my local dealers in toronto, and at the toronto auto show from the ford product rep. they said that the dealers will do their bulk order late march early april and the custom orders will start about a month and a bit after that
Sounds like they are uninformed? Every video uploaded about the new car says fall availability...including those issues by Ford themselves...
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I'm anxious to see what the 2018 Roush Stage 3 cars will look like!
:)

i have a feeling roush is waiting to announce it because so many 17 roush cars still out there for sale.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Sounds like they are uninformed? Every video uploaded about the new car says fall availability...including those issues by Ford themselves...
orders late march early april sound about right for a fall delivery

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Well i got some sort of idea's from my local dealers in toronto, and at the toronto auto show from the ford product rep. they said that the dealers will do their bulk order late march early april and the custom orders will start about a month and a bit after that
Not true, sorry to say.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I'm sure it's all down to logistics, but there's no way I'd want to take delivery of my shiny new '18MY just as winter kicks in :(
I hear you on this one. This applies to me as well...but I'm ok with it.

I think the timing will be pretty good, actually. I will have one more summer in my long since paid-for 2011 GT, a bit of time to assemble an even bigger down payment and most importantly, few extra months to make sure that that they're not about to drop a 5.2L cross-plane Mach1 or more importantly still, that Dodge isn't about to release a ~3600lb new Challenger or Barracuda. :D

Barring any surprises, I will drop by the Ford dealer in late December/early January and pick up the car in March. :headbang:

Last edited:

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
more importantly, that Dodge isn't about to release a ~3600lb new Challenger or Barracuda. :D

:headbang:
2020/2021 at the earliest. See Alfa Romeo Giulia as what the expected Charger/Challenger replacement will be based upon

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I hope it's not delayed like back in 2014 with the 6+ month delays on the initial release. I think production should be ironed out now as the 2018 is just a minor facelift the majority is a carry over. I def want to get a 2018 GT PP as I like the new Shelby included options
All told, I think there are some pretty significant changes to the 2018, especially depending which options you pick.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
MY2018 ....

- Ford order banks are to open for the 18MY in late June. I just got off the phone with FoMoCo Marketing. She also mentioned that dealer orders will be fulfilled before customer orders so it won't be unlikely for the first customer orders to take up to 14 weeks. (posted by another forum member here)

:ford:

However I've been told by my local Ford dealer they will receive a 2018 Ford Mustang GT in April sometime. So order banks should be open at that time,
don't know if its exclusive to dealer orders only at that point. ;)

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Outstanding news Rex. Let's hope orders in the UK aren't far behind then.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Local Ford Dealer Info

Told me that Ford is bringing in a 2018 Raptor F150 and 2018 Mustang GT for a preview to show to the salesmen and staff. Said he would call me in at that time to check it out. The guy is working internet sales seems like he just started there so maybe he let it slip. ;)

Hopefully I can get a full list of options and their prices when I go.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Told me that Ford is bringing in a 2018 Raptor F150 and 2018 Mustang GT for a preview to show to the salesmen and staff. Said he would call me in at that time to check it out. The guy is working internet sales seems like he just started there so maybe he let it slip. ;)

Hopefully I can get a full list of options and their prices when I go.
I hate to burst your bubble, but that 2018 Mustang that Ford will bring around to dealers this spring is just a pre-production car. Ford does not like us dealers to have customers see these as they don't have production quality fit and finish. Actual order guides and pricing won't be out by then, as those only become available right before the order banks open.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
No Bubble to Burst

I hate to burst your bubble, but that 2018 Mustang that Ford will bring around to dealers this spring is just a pre-production car. Ford does not like us dealers to have customers see these as they don't have production quality fit and finish. Actual order guides and pricing won't be out by then, as those only become available right before the order banks open.
Since I was told it was going to be a pre-production car. As far as the actual order guides I had no high hopes I was going to get anything. It just would be
icing on the cake. ;)

Just want to see the front end in person - pictures one can't really truely appreciate the car. I am 95% sure I will purchase a 2018, price and options will determine if I go to the 2017 or 2018. Right now I am liking the 2018 options, now the bigger question is price. I have a budget I have to stick to. :tsk:
Sponsored