Sponsored

Anyone know when a 2018 will be avail physically to purchase ?

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Called a few large dealers last week and they didn't have a clue one told me the car won't come out until winter 2017 which seems odd on a new redesign release.

Does anyone here have any supporting info on this yet?
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Called a few large dealers last week and they didn't have a clue one told me the car won't come out until winter 2017 which seems odd on a new redesign release.

would have to guess you would see them in late August or September, going from other releases. Depends on whether or not the initial lots come out clean and when the factory stars official production however.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
would have to guess you would see them in late August or September, going from other releases. Depends on whether or not the initial lots come out clean and when the factory stars official production however.
That was my thought as well, probably with a few months to go till the end of the year as with most cars.

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I hope it's not delayed like back in 2014 with the 6+ month delays on the initial release. I think production should be ironed out now as the 2018 is just a minor facelift the majority is a carry over. I def want to get a 2018 GT PP as I like the new Shelby included options

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
That was my thought as well, probably with a few months to go till the end of the year as with most cars.
That's what I've noticed out here in CA too.

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe

I do all the ordering for a large volume Ford store in the NW and just checked the Ford 2017/18 changeover guide. 2018 Mustang timing is still showing "TBD." Other 2018 Fords that start production this fall are already listed, so the 2018 Mustang will obviously come later since it's still TBD. 4th quarter sounds about right (Oct-Dec).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So the '17MY is going to be a long one.

I'm sure it's all down to logistics, but there's no way I'd want to take delivery of my shiny new '18MY just as winter kicks in :(

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So the '17MY is going to be a long one.

I'm sure it's all down to logistics, but there's no way I'd want to take delivery of my shiny new '18MY just as winter kicks in :(
Yeah, sounds like the 15 launch all over again. If the timing is the same, Mustangs will start showing up late October. Sucks for us in the snow belt. If they make a Bullitt that's launched around the same time, I won't be ordering until late winter to take delivery early spring instead. I'll let the trade-in take the winter beating instead lol.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Rushed early release?

It took so long to start delivery on the 2015s, that fitment became a major issue as Flat Rock pushed to get the new model out. It took more than half a year to get the bugs out of the assembly robots and train the work crews. It now appears that history is repeating itself. If you are really pushing hard to get one of the first 2018s off the line...take your time checking and double checking the vehicle before you pay for it.
People are still complaining about fitment, etc. even on the 2016-17s. You get what you're willing to pay for.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'll take a 2018 delivery in Winter. Does it give me a discount?

TrooperX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jetta
Well i got some sort of idea's from my local dealers in toronto, and at the toronto auto show from the ford product rep. they said that the dealers will do their bulk order late march early april and the custom orders will start about a month and a bit after that

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Well i got some sort of idea's from my local dealers in toronto, and at the toronto auto show from the ford product rep. they said that the dealers will do their bulk order late march early april and the custom orders will start about a month and a bit after that
Good if correct

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm anxious to see what the 2018 Roush Stage 3 cars will look like!
:)
Sponsored