Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I also came across Rica Tuning.

http://www.rica.nl/chiptuning.php#chiptuning

Their Stage 1 and Stage 2 tuning programs seem to add significant hp and torque:

Stage 1:
356 hp @ 5745 rpm (+39 hp)
510 Nm @ 2900 rpm (+78 Nm)

Stage 2:
370 hp @ 5745 rpm (+53 hp)
533 Nm @ 2900 rpm (+101 Nm)

They also claim their tuning is dealer-compliant (I guess this means that it doesn't affect warranty?). If that is the case, then this is a great alternative for EU edition Mustangs.

Anyone with experience with them? I am seriously thinking of going this direction...

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I also came across Rica Tuning.

http://www.rica.nl/chiptuning.php#chiptuning

Their Stage 1 and Stage 2 tuning programs seem to add significant hp and torque:

Stage 1:
356 hp @ 5745 rpm (+39 hp)
510 Nm @ 2900 rpm (+78 Nm)

Stage 2:
370 hp @ 5745 rpm (+53 hp)
533 Nm @ 2900 rpm (+101 Nm)

They also claim their tuning is dealer-compliant (I guess this means that it doesn't affect warranty?). If that is the case, then this is a great alternative for EU edition Mustangs.

Anyone with experience with them? I am seriously thinking of going this direction...
Do they have something in writing that says they will pay damages if Ford doesn't honor their warranty? Don't be fooled, no tune is dealer compliant besides the FP tune.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Do they have something in writing that says they will pay damages if Ford doesn't honor their warranty? Don't be fooled, no tune is dealer compliant besides the FP tune.
On their web site they clearly state that their stage 1 and 2 tuning "is 100% dealership service compliant". I do not know what that means. They also have a local dealer and he told us that their tuning cannot be detected by Ford. :shrug:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

On their web site they clearly state that their stage 1 and 2 tuning "is 100% dealership service compliant". I do not know what that means. They also have a local dealer and he told us that their tuning cannot be detected by Ford. :shrug:
Those two statements negate each other. 100% dealership service compliant and our tune cannot be detected. Seems too shady to me. They are correct though. It's 100% dealership compliant until something goes wrong and the dealer won't fix it.

All tunes are easily detected. You know how? When they take logs and see you are pushing more boost than stock. Boost spikes are one thing, running sustained boost higher than stock is another.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I contacted them by email and I guess I will hear from them soon. Will let you know.

Reactions: Ebm

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I used Rica on my Volvo C70 a few years ago.
They used an I-softloader to install the tune.
It worked well for me, got me to 300hp on the 2.3l, 5 cylinder turbo.
Check out their work at Eurosport Tuning.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I used Rica on my Volvo C70 a few years ago.
They used an I-softloader to install the tune.
It worked well for me, got me to 300hp on the 2.3 5 cylinder turbo.
Check out their work at Eurosport Tuning.
Thanks for the post. Have you any idea if their tuning is warranty-friendly? Did you do a stage 1 tuning (ie. no other hardware was installed)?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Asking them if Ford will cover the warranty repair isn't going to help. If you want to know if Ford would cover the warranty repair, ask Ford. I'm sure the answer is no but always best to find out yourself since it's your money. Even issues if you have the Ford Performance tune are not covered by Ford, Ford Performance covers them if Ford says they were are likely result of the tune. The only guarantee they can make is that they will cover the cost of repair if not covered under your Ford warranty, just like Ford Performance.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the post. Have you any idea if their tuning is warranty-friendly? Did you do a stage 1 tuning (ie. no other hardware was installed)?
I had a stage 2 kit, added an intake and exhaust. Believe it or not, Volvo gives it a decent factory intercooler.

Now, the install process is "invisible" in terms of visually identifying that it is installed. I think that is the way they are interpreting the dealer friendly claim.

Other POS systems use wiring and boxes, such as the boostmax, and are not "dealer friendly"

There is no way that Ford will have this warranty compliant. If you want that, either use the ProCal from Ford, or wait a bit for Mountune.

Also, the Rica team is Dutch, so there are language nuances.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I had a stage 2 kit, added an intake and exhaust. Believe it or not, Volvo gives it a decent factory intercooler.

Now, the install process is "invisible" in terms of visually identifying that it is installed. I think that is the way they are interpreting the dealer friendly claim.

Other POS systems use wiring and boxes, such as the boostmax, and are not "dealer friendly"

There is no way that Ford will have this warranty compliant. If you want that, either use the ProCal from Ford, or wait a bit for Mountune.
Yes, it may not be identified visually, but I guess the installation leaves some "traces" that will be detected by the Ford dealer if they run a diagnostic test (which they will do if they take it in for service or in order to repair any engine damage). Correct?

If that is the case, then it's not worth adding a tune, as it can be detected and will void the warranty.

Also, why are you mentioning Mountune? Are they going to provide a warranty-friendly engine calibration?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it may not be identified visually, but I guess the installation leaves some "traces" that will be detected by the Ford dealer if they run a diagnostic test (which they will do if they take it in for service or in order to repair any engine damage). Correct?

If that is the case, then it's not worth adding a tune, as it can be detected and will void the warranty.

Also, why are you mentioning Mountune? Are they going to provide a warranty-friendly engine calibration?
They can detect if you installed a tune, correct.

Mountune has a calibration kit for Ecoboosts at the moment. They already have a factory warranty compatible tune with the Focus ST and RS.
They are working on getting the Mustang tune warranty worthy.
Check their UK website for more info. Europe gets it first with Mountune.
It took 2 years for them to get the ST compatible tune, so............

http://www.blog.mountune.com/index.php/component/k2/item/133-new-ford-performance-by-mountune-upgrade-for-focus-rs

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
So, to come back to the original question, there is no one with a tuning from Rica on a Mustang EcoBoost?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
They can detect if you installed a tune, correct.

Mountune has a calibration kit for Ecoboosts at the moment. They already have a factory warranty compatible tune with the Focus ST and RS.
They are working on getting the Mustang tune warranty worthy.
Check their UK website for more info. Europe gets it first with Mountune.
It took 2 years for them to get the ST compatible tune, so............

http://www.blog.mountune.com/index.php/component/k2/item/133-new-ford-performance-by-mountune-upgrade-for-focus-rs
Yes I saw that. However their tune for the Mustang EcoBoost is only compatible with the manual transmission cars and, as you said, non-warranty friendly. Hopefully they will get out a tune for the automatic, that will maintain warranty.

Meanwhile, I am really tempted to go for the Rica Stage 1 tune. That's why I would like to find out if anyone has tried this alternative.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably not in the USA, they seem to only offer EU calibrations.
Maybe check with the dealers listed on the Rica website.
Seems there is only 1 in Greece:

KARANIKOLA BROS AND CO
Pentelis 46
17564 Palaio Farilo, Athens Greece
210 942 8157
[email protected]
www.carcenter.gr
Sponsored