Sponsored

First service gone wrong

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Need to figure out a way to stand inside the bay at Ford and watch / talk with them as they do the work. I'm dreading the recall, if they can't screw a filter on, they are going to have a good time installing these oil lines correctly. Maybe if I sign a waiver of some sort.
Sponsored

Reactions: TDC

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Once they were done I asked to keep my oil filter witch they put in three bags and handed it to me {monday}.
I'm curious.. Why did you ask for your old filter?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I asked to keep the filter so I can cut it open and check it.
Today on the way home my check engine light came on WTF!!!!!
am I being paranoid or did something get fucked with??
it has good oil psi and oil temp ranges from 170 to180 it has the proper amount of coolant and the oil level is also good car runs fine on the freeway and on city streets every once in a while you can hear a random misfire but it has done that from day 1
I wont be able to put the obd II on untill tomorrow I picked up the obd link MX from amazon it will be here tomorrow I will keep you guys posted.
stay tuned for tomorrows episode

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Lots of you guys from the Tampa area. Heading to cars and coffee at Dupont tomorrow. ;)

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
So glad I had a local guy recommend a specific technician at Ford to do my oil changes. Haven't had a problem with this guy and it's the second oil change by him. I also went in initially and expressed a lot of concerns about what I had been reading regarding bad oil changes.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Should I start a poll on how many GT350 owners have a torque wrench for the oil filter and drain plug? LOL

I wrench on my car too, but do not own a torque wrench. Maybe for the Viper I will.
Oxymoron dude. :lol:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Can you imagine what a ford dealer will do when the first ford GT comes in. I took my 05 ford GT in for a emission test years back. The guy opens the door and hits the machine small nick. I could not wait to get the hell out of there. I never take any performance ford to a dealer unless it's warranty work. Wait until the 4000 + oil cooler hoses get replaced by the dealers all over the country.
Don't get me wrong there are great service techs out there , but they don't do oil changes or emissions test.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I hear all these horror stories about various Ford service technicians which includes their lack of knowledge, training and respect for our various high performance Mustangs after which time I feel very fortunate to have the relationship that I have with my Ford dealership both from a sales and service standpoint.

I consider the importance of a relationship with my Ford dealership no less important than that of my doctor, accountant, banker or attorney and I work very hard at building a close relationship with key people at the dealership such as the service desk, service director, parts manager, general sales manager and also the owner.

In addition once I am able to determine who is the best service technician at that Ford dealership I then introduce myself to that person in the hopes of also building a strong relationship with that person as well.

My process may not be for everyone but after buying Blue Oval vehicles for almost 50 years it works very well for me and can honestly say that the Ford technician that works on each of my Boss 302/Shelby/Lincoln cars is the very best and no one touches my cars except for Greg R.

Hands down Greg is the best automobile technician that I have ever worked with and that includes all of the technicians from the various German and Japanese dealerships that I have been fortunate to purchase cars from.

Thanks Greg!!!

Hopefully some others of you on this forum have experienced the same high level of service from your Ford dealerships as well!

:ford:

Last edited:

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
.......Sorry for ranting on and on but I needed this.... it helps stop me from kicking doors in and stomping mud holes in people.

JZTRK- I totally understand your need to vent. I'm guessing by your late join date and low number of posts that you haven't seen the multitude of posts in this forum regarding the incompetence of 99% of Ford dealers' service "techs" with respect to any work on the GT350's. Your fiasco is a text book example of this. My car will never see another Ford dealer's service drive unless my voodoo does the big "doo-doo". In a lame attempt to seduce me into a huge ADM deal, my dealer offered me 2 full years of free oil changes. When I asked him how much an oil change costs on the car, he said "usually between $40 and $50". Damn, I said. That's dirt cheap for 10 quarts of full synthetic plus a $30 filter (our cost).. He literally thought I was joking. Not a clue.

I could be saving about $500 over 2 years. LOL. Not to mention those free car "washes" I'm missing out on. :headbonk:
Sponsored