Sponsored

Belt or pulley squeal

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Hey all, my car makes a squealing noise from the engine bay on cold start and sometimes it will just constantly squeak while idling even if it warm. It's either belt or pulley, but I only have 30k miles so hard to belive its a belt. It goes away after 1k rpm. I had this same issue on my 2012 but never got around to figuring out why that's happening. Does anyone have this issue? If so, does anyone know a fix?
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Same here! I thought for a long time it was my bearing or my tires. I ended changing all my tires and getting my bearing checked. Turns out it wasn't it. I made a video of it. (Kinda hard to make it). Also, I've noticed if I run the car all the way to 7k RPM it'll make the noise even louder! I'm about to drop off my car again at the dealer for them to check it out. I have 45K it started when I was about at 38K miles.

Here's my video. Let me know if it's the same noise.

[ame]

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
No, definitely not that noise. I just made a video of my noise. Here's the link.

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
My dad's old corolla made a noise like that. For us it was the belt and once replaced the noise was gone.
It does sound like a belt, but to believe that the belt stretched out enough to squeal in 30k miles seems unbelievable.

Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Same exact issue with mine, except I only have 13k miles and it's been happening for a while now (if I had to guess since 10k miles) I'm not even going to bother taking it in unless it gets worse since I'm trading the car in next year.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Belt slippage usually according with engine loaded.idler pulley bearing more of a constant with rpm. At idle with hood open standing in front of engine bay have someone load engine load engine by turning on AC and observe any changes. idler pulley bearing are garbage

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, definitely not that noise. I just made a video of my noise. Here's the link.

For me it does that noise only from time to time whenever I remote start it.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Mine does that also until it warms up ..... but what bothers me is since my tune firmed up my shifts at wot it chirps every shift kinda almost worries me

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine does that also until it warms up ..... but what bothers me is since my tune firmed up my shifts at wot it chirps every shift kinda almost worries me
Same here. It's seems that the belt or whatever it is slip even harder (mostly at high RPM when it passes the shift)

Sponsored
OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Lol, i guess its just some odd defect in the 3.7 that doesn't seem to cause any issues for anyone. I do not think anything will break, at least not while its in my possession, but ts just annoying when my car is idling, it also squeaking.

dasUB3RNOOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT, 2015 Competition Orange V6

100% the exact same sound my car makes. I've noticed it happening sometimes when it's cold, sometimes when it's warm, sometimes when it's raining, sometimes when it's not. I can't figure out the variable that causes it to show up, and with my luck the dealer won't be able to replicate the issue... :frusty:

If you figure out what it is exactly, please let us know.

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
100% the exact same sound my car makes. I've noticed it happening sometimes when it's cold, sometimes when it's warm, sometimes when it's raining, sometimes when it's not. I can't figure out the variable that causes it to show up, and with my luck the dealer won't be able to replicate the issue... :frusty:

If you figure out what it is exactly, please let us know.
Yeah its basically the same case here. Its always on cold start for me. But then it does it randomly, with no obvious reasoning. I hesitate to go to the dealer as well since i am not sure if i can reproduce the sound for them as i get there. And i really do not want to sit around all day at the dealer and try to make the noise happen. :headbonk: I guess we will never know what causes it.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I had my 93 tuner for a year and have my auto tranny set at +25% and paddle shift only with no problums it shifts very firm and hard chirps in 2nd and 3rd. Ford tech on here and service told the firmer it shifts the better.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
my belt squeaked when it was new haha. still does it every so often but onl at start up and normally only when its cold. goes away pretty quick
Sponsored