Reaction score
Website
www.extremeturbosystems.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Here are videos of our ETS Exhaust:

ETS 2015+ Ecoboost Mustang Exhaust System w/ 3.0" Downpipe and Extreme Y-pipe (Above)

ETS 2015+ Ecoboost Mustang Exhaust System w/ 3.0" Downpipe and Muffler Y-pipe (Above)

ETS Exhaust Link

PICANTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost pp
I have the mbrp race exhaust, great sound, there is some drone on the highway though. Where in SoCal are you? I can possibly meet you somewhere if you want to hear it in person

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium,PP, Manual, Recaro
I have the mbrp race exhaust, great sound, there is some drone on the highway though. Where in SoCal are you? I can possibly meet you somewhere if you want to hear it in person
Hi I'm new. I always see people talking about drone when talking about exhaust. What exactly does drone mean and what does it sound?

Sponsored

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
I have heard a few in person and my MBRP race exhaust is still my favorite. It's so smooth sounding and screams under full boost. There's drone but barely any. A slight hum every time you accelerate in 6th just enough to let you know you engine is still there. I have had mine on road trips and the slightest bit of music will cover it up when cruising. The MBRP race reminds me of an inline 6 or one of the old offenhauser racing inline 4s. Fitment is meh but you can adjust it so it's perfect pretty easily.

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
Hi I'm new. I always see people talking about drone when talking about exhaust. What exactly does drone mean and what does it sound?
Drone is a loud sound that may reverberate or sound overly loud in the cabin. Drone sounds different depending on the exhaust. For example on my brothers 5.0 the drone on the highway is a horrendous chugging sound. On the ecoboost it's a pretty little hum.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Drone is a loud sound that may reverberate or sound overly loud in the cabin. Drone sounds different depending on the exhaust. For example on my brothers 5.0 the drone on the highway is a horrendous chugging sound. On the ecoboost it's a pretty little hum.
To expand on this its related to wavelengths of sound exiting the tail pipe that cause a hum, and to varying degrees this hum can be mild and unnoticeable to an ear ringing vibration hum that makes talking on the phone or to someone in cabin impossible in extreme cases. Usually its around 1800-2000 RPMS and around your top gear, but it can be any gear around that RPM range. Depending on your muffler type non chambered mufflers (race or open) usually drone more than chambered mufflers.

Drone usually occurs around 133Mhz and is dependent on the speed at which your exhaust travels, that is why often if you drop a resonator in the middle of the exhaust closer to the rear axle it can change the speed of the exhaust sound wave enough to reduce or eliminate drone.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost with PP
i already ordered it, it will be here friday :D:headbang:
Sponsored