GT350R with external mic at Barber Motorpsorts Park

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
It's an Olympus ME-51S. See the note below for more details from the guy that hooked it up to my car.

"Olympus ME-51S Stereo Microphone. I don't remember which wind muff I had on there.
If you use it with a GoPro be careful to support the audio cable where it goes into the side of the camera or it'll break.
You'll need an audio cable adapter for a GoPro and you'll need an extension cable too."
Oh wow, that's the same mic I have but it sounds so much better! I thought it was some high end microphone. I really need to try mounting it to different locations. Here's mine mounted inside the trunk because I was afraid of wind noise.

[ame]
Sponsored

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
While out at Barber this past weekend I met Russell with the YouTube Channel "Russ and Adams Garage" and he was kind enough to hook up a GoPro with an external mic for one of my sessions. The sound turned out great! Hope y'all enjoy the music!
Great driving KS10! What sort of lap times were you getting?

OP
OP
KS10

KS10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R
Great driving KS10! What sort of lap times were you getting?
Thanks Carguy68! The best I was able to get was around a 1:40 when there was no traffic to contend with. I think the car is capable of mid 1:30's with a pro driver.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
While out at Barber this past weekend I met Russell with the YouTube Channel "Russ and Adams Garage" and he was kind enough to hook up a GoPro with an external mic for one of my sessions. The sound turned out great! Hope y'all enjoy the music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEfRr7GTHmY
WOW - that sounds amazing..... I have a GT350R but havent had the chance to track the beast...

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
Thanks Carguy68! The best I was able to get was around a 1:40 when there was no traffic to contend with. I think the car is capable of mid 1:30's with a pro driver.
Good lap times. For comparison, I just watched a video of the new SS 1LE do a 1:40 on a clean lap with an instructor driving.
Sponsored