Anyone do a Catted Downpipe and Res Delete w/ stock mufflers

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
What's odd, then, considering what resonators do, is that it makes no audible difference when deleted from an otherwise stock exhaust car.
Possibly it makes a difference at an RPM/load that we don't normally listen for or is difficult to listen for. Also, it might be to reduce drone that might cause vibration. Without an answer from Ford, we may never know.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
The resonator is normally used/designed to cancel out certain unwanted frequencies which can produce undesired tones and vibrations. Here's the thing, if you open up the downpipe and remove the resonator, it's gonna be more of a raspy and buzzy tone. Do you want a Honda sound? That's what you're going to end up with. If you're fixated on removing the resonator for sound, then do it, but we've forewarned you that you're probably not going to like it. The mufflers are hollow too and use a series of passages to reduce the volume of the exhaust. Anything you do upstream is going to change the tone of the system more than the volume, as the mufflers would.

I've been around these cars for over two years now and have heard almost every setup imaginable. I'm trying to save you some time and wasted energy, however, you seemed determined that removing it is going to unleash some more noise, so go for it. It's not like it cannot be put back on if you don't get what you're looking for.

OP
OP
Phil@JDM

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
The AM write up is pretty good. Look like its back to the drawing board.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Or instead of putting it back on, maybe consider an aftermarket resonator like from Vibrant like I mentioned before. As [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] said, some of us have been at this for a couple years and people have tried lots of variations. At this point unless there's a new product introduced, you won't be trying something new.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I've been thinking about a custom single exhaust system for a unique sound and solid weight savings.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I've seen that one from UR, I think they may be the only single exhaust cat back. I am considering going the custom route to save a little cash.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Someone else was making a single exhaust. I'm pretty sure it was either CP-e or FullRace. Since you have the CP-e DP [MENTION=8319]doulos4jc[/MENTION] you should contact CP-e and check.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Yeah that's it, looks really nice and great price too. Have you found a clip to hear it?
No. Just emailed Ron at cp-e about it. I'm thinking it might be too loud for a daily driver like me.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Haha I bet it will be loud!
Sponsored