Sponsored

Water leak

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
We've been getting a few rainstorms here lately in Northern Cali and I wemt to go check my trunk and there was a big puddle of water :( . Went to bring in to Ford but they're currently backed up with water leak issues apparently and the current wait time is 2 weeks. Is this something you can try to fix yourself? Looks like the leak is coming from one of the seals.
Sponsored

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt base with a performance pack
We've been getting a few rainstorms here lately in Northern Cali and I wemt to go check my trunk and there was a big puddle of water :( . Went to bring in to Ford but they're currently backed up with water leak issues apparently and the current wait time is 2 weeks. Is this something you can try to fix yourself? Looks like the leak is coming from one of the seals.
Ughh same here. I'm in Tracy CA. The storms are not great for our cars I guess? I have tons of water in the trunk and tons of moisture on the inside of the windshield. So much I have to wipe it with a towel like a 1980s piece of crap car. Completely disappointed in Ford QC on the aspect. I was a Ford technician in the 90s / early 00s and sometimes we could never fix the water leaks. Just a quality control issue and the cars were never right. Not sure what I'm going to do with mine. :mad:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any pics or better description of the water collection in the trunk? Is it dumping into the pockets by the rear 1/4's, into the spare tire well or just laying on the trunk floor mat?

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt base with a performance pack
Any pics or better description of the water collection in the trunk? Is it dumping into the pockets by the rear 1/4's, into the spare tire well or just laying on the trunk floor mat?

I haven't dismantled the entire trunk yet to see where it all went but it's definitely getting into the spare tire well. My Mustang is not my primary car. It's driven maybe once a week. Right now it's sitting outside because I have some other projects in the garage. But the more concerning part is the inside of the windshield. I've had the car long enough to know that it didn't do this last winter. I'm the original owner, 8k miles.

OP
OP
JDVisualz

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
This is where water is coming from from inside the trunk. I cant see from the outside where its going through though. The rubber lining seems intact other than that i dont really know.
IMG_9230.jpg
Sponsored