Sponsored

Levels performance Intercooler

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
http://levelsperformance.com/collec...g-ecoboost-direct-bolt-on-intercooler-upgrade

First off, I just read about 25-30 pages of the intercooler thread. But I have a few questions:

Those who have the Levels intercooler, how do you like it? How was the install? any pics?

Also, I do currently have a tune, can you install the intercooler without a re-tune? (Obviously a new tune would be the greatest benefit)

Lastly: Do they offer any polished piping? I'd like to upgrade as well, will other brands (made for the Mustang) work?

Thanks
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
When looking at an intercooler, I've always gone with an intercooler with a big surface area. With that said, the Levels intercooler and Exceladyne intercooler seem to be the way to go. Both are competitively priced.

As far as the tune question goes, an intercooler upgrade is independent of a tune. An intercooler doesn't add hp or tq, but it lets you consistently use the hp and tq that you do have.

As far as upgraded charge piping, Mishimoto and Lethal Performance both offer polished upgraded intercooler pipes. MAP also offers intercooler pipes, but in a non-polished finish.

Lastly, bigger isn't always better in this case. You want a setup to match your other mods. Too big and it takes longer to fill, which means you may have lag. Too small and you'll heat soak.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
http://levelsperformance.com/collec...g-ecoboost-direct-bolt-on-intercooler-upgrade

First off, I just read about 25-30 pages of the intercooler thread. But I have a few questions:

Those who have the Levels intercooler, how do you like it? How was the install? any pics?

Also, I do currently have a tune, can you install the intercooler without a re-tune? (Obviously a new tune would be the greatest benefit)

Lastly: Do they offer any polished piping? I'd like to upgrade as well, will other brands (made for the Mustang) work?

Thanks
I had the first model FMIC that Nik (Levels) produced and now have the latest model. I've been completely satisfied with his products and their performance, pricing, and durability.

As mentioned above, I recently upgraded to the new Street core unit with the larger core (than my previous model) and cast endtanks. Let me tell you, it looks as good as it performs. I've posted a bunch of pics online on Facebook groups and such. The install is relatively straightforward and even a novice could complete the job.

You can run an upgraded intercooler without being retuned or even on the stock tune. It will vastly improve performance and reliability over the stock unit.

As of this writing, Nik doesn't offer anything other than the intercooler itself, but he does have some VERY AWESOME products coming down the pipeline that I'd keep an eye out for. In regards to charge pipes specifically, everything on the market right now will work with his intercooler upgrade. If you have a favorite or something really nice that you like, get it and it'll work just fine.

OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I had the first model FMIC that Nik (Levels) produced and now have the latest model. I've been completely satisfied with his products and their performance, pricing, and durability.

As mentioned above, I recently upgraded to the new Street core unit with the larger core (than my previous model) and cast endtanks. Let me tell you, it looks as good as it performs. I've posted a bunch of pics online on Facebook groups and such. The install is relatively straightforward and even a novice could complete the job.

You can run an upgraded intercooler without being retuned or even on the stock tune. It will vastly improve performance and reliability over the stock unit.

As of this writing, Nik doesn't offer anything other than the intercooler itself, but he does have some VERY AWESOME products coming down the pipeline that I'd keep an eye out for. In regards to charge pipes specifically, everything on the market right now will work with his intercooler upgrade. If you have a favorite or something really nice that you like, get it and it'll work just fine.

So, is this the one you have then:

http://www.vmpperformance.com/Levels-Intercooler-Upgrade-for-EcoBoos-p/lv-ebint.htm

Also, what's the deal with the shutters? Can the be removed without throwing a check engine light or code?

Thanks

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
Install is straight forward, Nik has a video on YouTube. Need to pull active grill shutters to make room. Performance is great and certainly on par with others like Speed factory, full race, ETS etc.
IMG_3965.jpg

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
3rd gear pull from earlier today. 42° ambient temperature and the car was at operating temp. I'd driven about 30-40 miles at lower speeds before the logs, so it wasn't on a cold intercooler or anything to skew the data. I love that intercooler! It does even better at highway/interstate speeds.
Screenshot_2017-02-10-00-11-10.jpg

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I love my levels intercooler. picture in avatar <<<<< that said being a sort of 1 man show, he takes FOREVER to get product out the door. i think i received mine a month after clickin the order button. maybe 5 weeks not sure. albeit; one of those weeks was during a flordia hurricane so no surprise. definitely worth it for the money. at this price-point adam (tune+) recommended levels or speed factory (very very slightly lower quality but they have units ready to ship unlike levels). still im happy i went levels just hated that wait for it

ETS Michael

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeturbosystems.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
If your looking for something quick ours is on the shelf and ready to ship.

"3rd gear pull, charge temps start at 75, drop to 68 before ending at 71. Ambient temps were around 60 and I also made some pulls beforehand. The charge temps usually stay between 8-12 degrees above ambient cruising on the highway."

I believe this was on a 65 degree day.

Ecoboost Mustang Intercooler

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
If your looking for something quick ours is on the shelf and ready to ship.

"3rd gear pull, charge temps start at 75, drop to 68 before ending at 71. Ambient temps were around 60 and I also made some pulls beforehand. The charge temps usually stay between 8-12 degrees above ambient cruising on the highway."

I believe this was on a 65 degree day.

Ecoboost Mustang Intercooler
And you're cheaper with the Facebook coupon. Dropped an order today.

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I got lucky and found a great deal on someone selling a brand new ATM intercooler (which I think is slightly favored than the levels, but not made anymore).

However, if I were buying from what is available today, Levels would definitely be my choice, full-race after that probably.

EDIT: just looked at that ETS one, first time seeing it but that is a heck of a price for the size. Probably do that TBH

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Awesome! Thanks for the order. Its leaving today.

- Robert
Disregard that post, I'm a dumbass. Forgot to hook up the ambient air temp sensor, guess the bumper's coming off again this weekend.
Sponsored

Last edited: