Sponsored

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Might also be noisy gear teeth getting worn or debris from assembly in fluid.

Apparently Camaros are having a lot of diff problems currently. The Motortrend car had to get dealer service because of it.

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Mine, with 3.15's, has developed a whirring noise below 5mph. At first thought it was because of the cold weather but it didn't make noise last winter. I'll have to take it in, maybe I can get them to switch out the rear to a 3.55. :)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It is not uncommon for the Torsen to have bit of howl to it. You don't have a Torsen. Go to the dealer. This is their problem.

Also, the vibration issue is not associated with howling noises.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Well, at 60mph, one COULD describe the vibration issue as a howl. Right now in the status my car is in, it's 50% vibration, 50% low frequency noise in the cabin, which some could describe as howl. But u describe 35-40mph. No one has reported the vibration issue at those speeds. It can be heard as low as 45 mph, but only to those with ears that can pick up very low frequencies. Sadly, I am one of those.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I too have noticed a similar sound as of lately. My tires are about in need of replacement and I plan on taking mine in too for the same howling sound. I just want new tires so they can't blow me off with "You need tires."
Oh, just rolled over 26,000 miles yesterday. But I notice mine at interstate speeds. Keep us updated on this!

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
ScottsGT, I see u live in the same city as me. Can we get together this week and we can ride in each other's cars? I can probably tell u if it's the tires or something else. And you can ride in mine and hear the vibration. I've about given up on this car. Going back to buying old used cars, much less problems and cheaper.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Lose sleep? So I'm not the only one. I know it's just a car but I have worked my entire life, been through unemployment and many years of underemployment and never thought I would be able to have a car like this again. I had to settle for the V6 which is just fine by me. I didn't ask for too much, but apparently I did. This isn't just a faulty product. People don't buy Mustangs cause they need a car, there are far better more practical options out there. Ford is killing dreams...

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds like some bs.

I would send FordService a pm and see if they will open a case. They were helpful getting my seat issue fixed. It will go though Ford corporate customer service who will contact your dealer about your issue. Maybe a little pressure from above will get your dealer to actually look into the issue.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8703&page=7

The last post by them mentions a new team, so I hope they are still active on the forum.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good deal on getting a case number, it looks like FordService is now MIA on the forum.

I can say Ford has been good about fixing my warranty inquiries but I know others haven't had the same experience. It seems to mostly come down to what the dealer wants to do.

Now that Ford corporate is involved, I believe they direct the dealer to investigate the issue regardless of the dealer opinion. The service rep at Ford called numerous times to update my situation and to make sure it was fixed to my satisfaction in the end.

Good luck with the new dealer and update us when you get it resolved!

Sponsored

stangchief

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cr3group.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang premium
Sure it is not a wheel bearing? Mine did the same thing and I thought it was rearend but ultimately discovered it was left wheel bearing....replaced at 7800 miles under warranty

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
ScottsGT, I see u live in the same city as me. Can we get together this week and we can ride in each other's cars? I can probably tell u if it's the tires or something else. And you can ride in mine and hear the vibration. I've about given up on this car. Going back to buying old used cars, much less problems and cheaper.
sorry for the late response time. I've kind of been away from the thread. I'd be glad to get together some time. Since I have posted this though, I have not noticed much noise. It kind of comes and goes and that's why I was leaning towards tire harmonics. Of course I'm running a Magnaflow system and it's hard to hear minor noises. But you have to be on the interstate doing around 70 to hear mine.
If it is a wheel bearing, I'm not too concerned since I read here somewhere that they are under $25 at ford and I'm capable of swapping them. And I'm running 3/4" wheel spacers, and I'm positive they will place blame on those.
Sponsored