OP
OP
BeausGarage

BeausGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
That's not an h-pipe. That's an off road pipe that deletes your cats. You're going to need a revised tune from Lund. I believe it's free of charge.
Spoke to Alex at Lund Support, he was saying that the accuse revisions have all been accounted for unless you want something customized. So i guess I'm good to go once installation...:thumbsup:
Sponsored

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
Should definitely feel a nice power increase. Let us know your thoughts after installing.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Spoke to Alex at Lund Support, he was saying that the accuse revisions have all been accounted for unless you want something customized. So i guess I'm good to go once installation...:thumbsup:
Since Lund turns off the rear O2 sensors in all his tunes you should be fine without cats. As far as my comment about e50, that is the beauty of flex fuel. You can run any percentage of ethanol from 0 to 85 and the tune will adjust.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Trying to understand the Flex Tune...If I understand this correctly, if E85 can't be found, or I have to use regular, there would be no harm to the engine? My concern is if I happen to need fuel in a town that doesn't have it or can't be found...I live in a state (Oklahoma) that only sells 93+ in maybe 2-3 places in the big cities and 91 everywhere else. I'll be doing a lot of distance cruising with my car. I suppose I can always keep a few bottles of Octane booster in the trunk when I do go out...Around town however I'm not worried, I have an E85 station about 2 miles away...

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Trying to understand the Flex Tune...If I understand this correctly, if E85 can't be found, or I have to use regular, there would be no harm to the engine? My concern is if I happen to need fuel in a town that doesn't have it or can't be found...I live in a state (Oklahoma) that only sells 93+ in maybe 2-3 places in the big cities and 91 everywhere else. I'll be doing a lot of distance cruising with my car. I suppose I can always keep a few bottles of Octane booster in the trunk when I do go out...Around town however I'm not worried, I have an E85 station about 2 miles away...
i had the lund FF tune in my 16 GT and had the same worries...have e85 in either direction of my house, but what about road trips.

well i found out early on the fuel gauge on mine was joking when it said i had 50 miles left(it meant about half that lol), so i did not run mine close to E again and used 91 or 93 as i had to, with no ill effects. did the best i could though to run that tank down to fill with all e85, i just really liked how strong the car ran.

i did buy a tester to check both local places, and it was 77% both times...not good enough for a straight e85 tune, but wonderful for the flex fuel tune.

its not the voodoo, but if you wana read about the coyote FF tune i can link ya about a couple hundred page thread:cheers:

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
With the flex tune each time you fill your tank it goes through a learning process and calculates the percentage of ethanol in the fuel. It usually takes mine about five miles. You can watch this on the Ngauge (although not necessary it is fun to watch the AFR, timing and alc% change as well as the exhaust note). You can run any concentration of ethanol from 0-85 as long as the end result is at least 91 octane. I suppose you could get away with regular in an emergency, though it's hard to imagine being stuck at a station that didn't have some form of premium.
Sponsored