Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I honestly do not see how a shifter swap is going to cause vibrations unless something else was done during the swap. Are all the bolts tight on everything?
Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I got a UPS alert saying the second run parts are in their way.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
After watching the install video's I think you should mark around the tyranny crossmember its position on the sub-frame. That way when you tighten it back up you assure return to the same. Could be when you put the car up you torqued the car. Maybe jacking from one side then other?

Anybody with NVH tried loosing the 4 crossmember bolts, drive the car a little slowly then use ramps, or a lift via the tires, to get under and tighten them back up and see if that helps.

I would wager most NVH caused by tension from shifter to rear body mount across those two pins. Which could be caused by how you the car in the air.

Last edited:

Speedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
After watching the install video's I think you should mark around the tyranny crossmember its position on the sub-frame. That way when you tighten it back up you assure return to the same. Could be when you put the car up you torqued the car. Maybe jacking from one side then other?

Anybody with NVH tried loosing the 4 crossmember bolts, drive the car a little slowly then use ramps, or a lift via the tires, to get under and tighten them back up and see if that helps.

I would wager most NVH caused by tension from shifter to rear body mount across those two pins. Which could be caused by how you the car in the air.
I'll get it back up in the air and will go through everything again. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Exactly. Call MGW and ask to speak with George about the issue.

Speedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you're going to go through all that, why not install the upgrade while you're at it?:shrug:
That was my original plan since I read about the upgrade. It's my opinion, that if there is a need for an upgrade, then a common problem or issue is known.

I will give MGW a call today.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
That was my original plan since I read about the upgrade. It's my opinion, that if there is a need for an upgrade, then a common problem or issue is known.

I will give MGW a call today.
Actually, it's quite the opposite. There were only a few complaints regarding the Gen 1. [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] can elaborate more. The designer of the product is just that kind of guy... he doesn't want anyone displeased with his product.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I got my revised mounting arms via UPS versterday.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I installed it yesterday night in about a hour. I'll have it off the lift next week.

The installation is pretty easy.

I recommend dropping the trans and breaking loose all of the bolts before removing the rear trans mount nuts.

I also put a small 2x4 between the base of the shifter and the driveshaft. This way the shifter won't drop and you'll have to deal with that shifter boot again.

Thanks again George, I wish everyone had the pride that you do in their products.

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well it has been one hell of a day. First off George [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] had a package waiting for me when I get home.

I think as men we have developed the ability to look at a woman and know based on the way she carries herself that the sex will be amazing. I have to say that this is the same feeling I get with this shifter. I have to give a ton of thanks to [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] and George [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] for what they did in assisting me with obtaining the shifter. Customer service was off the charts, and I hope to be able to fly down south one day to meet both of these gentleman. I owe them a huge thanks, and their generosity was tremendous. :hail::cheers::headbang:

Installation was straight forward and the original install video was a big help. I believe [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] will be releasing a new installation video very soon as there are a few minor differences with the new setup.

Having the driveshaft and exhaust out of the way allowed me to install the shifter through the bottom and have much more room to work. Although not necessary, I am glad I waited to do it this way. The car is just about ready to go on the floor now that the shifter is in. Just the driveshaft, fluids, and exhaust, and interior shifter pieces need to go on

My son also took his first steps today. Thus far I cannot complain, and look forward to driving the car this weekend.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Yesterday I made the trip to Augusta GA to see George and have him personally install his shifter in my 2017 GT350R. On top of meeting George, I was pleasantly surprised to also meet Epiphany (won't mention his real name).

First thing I want to say, George and Epiphany should get married. LOL! :doh:

Honestly, they are probably two of the nicest and smartest people I''ve met in a long time.

I had a great time watching George do the install while Epiphany filmed the whole install. So the new install video should be out very soon.

For the guys & gals that are on the fence about buying a MGW Shifter, you need to see what Ford gives you in regards to the stock shifter. The old shifter has a lot of plastic components. These components already showed some wear on my shifter and I only have 500 miles on my car. I would not have believed it, if I hadn't personally seen it. These components after some real use will degrade the Okay performance of the stock shifter.

The MGW Shifter is a work of ART. George puts only the best in his shifters. It Seriously is a precision instrument for your car!

I had a two hour drive home after we finished (mostly highway). But I was able to play with shifting. The shifter is tight at first. As I drove it, it loosened up a tad as George told me it would. The shifting is crisp and precise. The shift from 2nd to 3rd is amazing. There is no way you could accidentally put it in 5th or 1st unless you purposely wanted to. It is such an improvement versus the stock. This is by far the best shifter I've ever had in any of my previous cars.

George, I just want to let you know that I appreciated your time and the awesome product that is now a part of my car!

Thank You!

Epiphany, it was great to meet you. Wish you the best with your new product and venture. Look forward to talking to you soon.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
T - you must be very proud. Your son will no doubt learn how to drive a stick shift some day and won't have to walk so much:). I'm glad you finally got an MGW shifter for your beautiful car. You are very adept at always making the right moves and choosing this shifter falls right in line with all the other mods you've done so far. I can't wait to hear your complete review on the transmission swap as well as the shifter.

Tim, I'm still laughing about the "stripper spray" story your friend told us. Your R model looked like a lot of fun, even with the addition of back seats. Everyone would love to have that car. Great to hear you appreciating the precision shift mechanism you now have. I'll talk to you when I get back to New York about caliper hardware.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
T - you must be very proud. Your son will no doubt learn how to drive a stick shift some day and won't have to walk so much:). I'm glad you finally got an MGW shifter for your beautiful car. You are very adept at always making the right moves and choosing this shifter falls right in line with all the other mods you've done so far. I can't wait to hear your complete review on the transmission swap as well as the shifter.

Tim, I'm still laughing about the "stripper spray" story your friend told us. Your R model looked like a lot of fun, even with the addition of back seats. Everyone would love to have that car. Great to hear you appreciating the precision shift mechanism you now have. I'll talk to you when I get back to New York about caliper hardware.
I forgot to mention Epiphany is a SMART ASS! :paddle:

And my Dad is proud :first:

Look forward to talking to you at your wedding! :lol:
Sponsored