2018 mustang gt vs competition

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Okay no one had posted this yet over here so let's get this one going.

Let's see what everyone's opinion is regarding the new Mustang GT versus competitors such as Camaro SS/1LE, Challenger Scat Pack, M4, ATS V, c63 AMG and so on. I know luxury manufacturers such as BMW, Mercedes, and Cadillac are not direct competitors to Ford, however, their Performance Products are still competitors at the strip and the track.

Due to all of the information Ford had released I am in the camp of the new GT having North 470 horsepower and north of 425 pound feet of torque. Assuming the numbers will be higher and not on the low end such as 455 what do you all think the Mustang will be able to do against the competition on both the track and the strip. My vote is that the mustang will replace the camaro and become top dog once again. Oh and FYI not counting special editions like the gt500, zl1, hellcat etc..

Ready go

:ford:
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well as soon as I know anything about the 18 Mustang. Other than what it looks like. We can speculate.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Wouldn't it be nice if it's the top dawg again? But, remember that one of the greatest thing about the Mustang is affordability and performance per dollar. If Ford adds the performance and the price goes up, it wouldn't be good business. And by outselling the Challenger/Camaro in the last 2 years I think they know what they need to do to market themselves into success.

With that said, it may be hard to knock off the A8 SP Challenger and V8 Camaro since those cars can run low 12's from factory. But I know the Stang will probably be right up there though if it gets 460/430 torque.

I love this HP war going on and I pay attention to every one of the big 3 to see what they are up to.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Well I don't expect the torque to exceed 420 430 range. Horsepower expectation of 470 is also too high. I am one of the very first s550 owners and ordered the car before the specs came out back in the day. We all hoped for 455 hp and 200 lb weight loss. Owning an ls3 camaro i was so hyped that the new mustang was going to be something out of this world. But at the end some of us got their hearts broken. Lessons learned, and with the given clues from the digital gauge cluster, the car will probably have 455 hp and 420 lbft. Maybe a pp2 version with 470 hp, wider wheels, and stiffer magna ride setup to rival a 1le. With all the new gizmos the car might even gain weight. My advice, no hype and wait to see if the car will really meet your taste and rival the competition.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Well I don't expect the torque to exceed 420 430 range. Horsepower expectation of 470 is also too high. I am one of the very first s550 owners and ordered the car before the specs came out back in the day. We all hoped for 455 hp and 200 lb weight loss. Owning an ls3 camaro i was so hyped that the new mustang was going to be something out of this world. But at the end some of us got their hearts broken. Lessons learned, and with the given clues from the digital gauge cluster, the car will probably have 455 hp and 420 lbft. Maybe a pp2 version with 470 hp, wider wheels, and stiffer magna ride setup to rival a 1le. With all the new gizmos the car might even gain weight. My advice, no hype and wait to see if the car will really meet your taste and rival the competition.
7596082.jpg

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
:ford::lol::cheers:I think the new mustang gt will beat the CRAPMARO,and the tug boat in performance this time.the 10speed will take care of that 8 speed!

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Well with two overdrives on the manual, there is no telling how it may perform.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Well with two overdrives on the manual, there is no telling how it may perform.
I don't believe that is confirmed yet, only fox news has stated that from what I can see.

Sponsored

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I believe it will have north of 470 horsepower and around 430 torque. If that is the case, it should be slightly faster than the Camaro. I don't think the Challenger stands a chance. :lol: If it comes out with 480 to 500 horsepower, it will definitely be class leading.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
A weight loss would be nice too. Getting excited about the 18 and up models, specially the GT500.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The Coyote is going to become what it was meant to be. with the new injection setup, it will be over 470 hp. The S550 had a lot of room for weight loss in the GT and Ecoboost. It's almost like they didn't try except for the GT350 where they had to offset the heavy duty components.

I am expecting some modest weight loss and a decidedly beastly increase in power. The mustang should take back its performance crown. The Camaro meanwhile will be getting slightly heavier.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
The 2018 Challenger may be

on an Alfa Romeo based chassis/body. If it is, it will probably weigh several hundred pounds less. It will probably run a V6 TT or a 6.4 that has been tweaked to 500 HP. (the Hellcat/Demons will keep the supercharged 6.2).

No one knows what will actually happen with the muscle wars right now. Camaro may surprise us with improvements too.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
on an Alfa Romeo based chassis/body. If it is, it will probably weigh several hundred pounds less. It will probably run a V6 TT or a 6.4 that has been tweaked to 500 HP. (the Hellcat/Demons will keep the supercharged 6.2).

The 2018 ('19MY) is expected to be a tweak of the current car......the 2020 ('21MY) will be the Alfa-based Challenger's debut

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/07/...-chrysler-300-2020/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

This should coincide with the debut of the S650 Mustang which is also scheduled to be a '21MY

:)
Sponsored