Sponsored

Is Anyone Unhappy with their Barton Shifter?

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Just curious, if you've installed the Barton shifter and wish you hadn't or have regrets. If so, I'd like to know why you don't like it. MY 2015 GT is a summer driver - just for fun. Trying to get more "user experience" before I decide if I want to go the Barton shifter route. Thanks.
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
when I finally get a shifter I'll be getting the Barton hybrid shifter from what I've heard it's equal to or slightly better than the mgw

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The new Barton Hybrid 3 has a feel that is untouchable. I have driven all of the ones out there and can say I was happiest with the engagement, smoothness, and short-style of the Hyrbid 3. The cartridge style with different spring options with either the trans mount or frame mount (which I perfer) makes all the difference.

Everyone who runs this has not looked back and is very happy with it.

Sponsored

duke107628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jiyang
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT PP
The new Barton Hybrid 3 has a feel that is untouchable. I have driven all of the ones out there and can say I was happiest with the engagement, smoothness, and short-style of the Hyrbid 3. The cartridge style with different spring options with either the trans mount or frame mount (which I perfer) makes all the difference.

Everyone who runs this has not looked back and is very happy with it.
So you body mounted? Does body mount get rid the the clunk feeling? NVH compare to Trans mounted?

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Hopefully this doesn't evolve into MGW vs Barton, but regardless you can't go wrong with either. My suggestion is find a car with either one and ask to play with it and see how the shifter feels. If it appeals to you then great. If not, try the other. You're really not going to go wrong with either company considering they both have great reputations.

For me, I'll be rocking an [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION] when time comes. I've had his stuff in the past. Never regretted it.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The Barton flat stick looks awesome. That's what I'll be pulling the trigger on.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
I have a Barton Hybrid 3 with the body mount. It's solid and I absolutely love it!

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
How does the body mount compared to the stock one? Does it get rid of the clunking feeling?
I have never had a clunking feeling. When it was stock I would call it more of a click, like a two step process going into gear. I can still feel it slightly, the difference is the shortness of the throw and how solid it is. It is a night and day difference. It's so much more of an accurate shift.

Hope this helps.

duke107628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jiyang
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT PP
I have never had a clunking feeling. When it was stock I would call it more of a click, like a two step process going into gear. I can still feel it slightly, the difference is the shortness of the throw and how solid it is. It is a night and day difference. It's so much more of an accurate shift.

Hope this helps.
Great! Thx!

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
It would be best to try one on someone else's if you can. I went Barton on my '14 and it definitely felt differently than MGW. It sort of clicked into gear which I got used to but it also made a very noticeable audible thump when going into gear and several passengers asked if it was supposed to do that. It it's hard to explain but it took less effort to move the lever but more to "click" it in gear. Whether that is better or not is a personal preference.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
It would be best to try one on someone else's if you can. I went Barton on my '14 and it definitely felt differently than MGW. It sort of clicked into gear which I got used to but it also made a very noticeable audible thump when going into gear and several passengers asked if it was supposed to do that. It it's hard to explain but it took less effort to move the lever but more to "click" it in gear. Whether that is better or not is a personal preference.
I think I would prefer that feel over the mushy feel.

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt shadow black
I just installed the barton hybrid and so far I love it. I did the transmission mount.
Sponsored