Sponsored

Vs the ZL1.....

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
It is really not the cars, its the people who drive them. They think with all that hp and torque the car is magically going to run 11's or 10's all day long. Without AWD with all that power, it gets harder and harder to run these cars at the strip. Especially with factory tires there is no way to get traction with foot to the metal. Example Hellcat. But looks like Dodge learned their lesson and giving the Demon Challenger 315 Nitto's on all four corners from the factory. If that beast gets AWD as well, just damn!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jules1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That engine sucks... Not impressed with the zl1, z06, cts-v..

Look at the stock cts-v vs stock and less powerful m5(outgoing model). This m5 has just outclassed the caddy. What a shame....

[ame]

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Look at the stock cts-v vs stock and less powerful m5(outgoing model). This m5 has just outclassed the caddy. What a shame....

Ummmmm no. I'm not buying that video.

Klier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Jules, that channel belongs to the BMW's fan boy... I would not trust that ^ickhead. I mean it just can't be such a huge difference.
One of the two:
1)That m5 is not stock.
2)Cts-v's driver was trying too much. In other words, it was staged...
It walked that cts v so easy like caddy is a 400hp car or smth. Cant be real. But if it is real, then this is a &ucking shame for the GM...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Thats a little carried away. I've raced several Zo6s this year. They all trapped 127 or higher in the 1/4. Nothing wrong with that engine. Here's a link with videos to a couple of those races.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69826

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase

those engines in fact do not suck. :headbonk:

OP
OP
JasinEdward

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
LMM on Facebook was having a field day with this one......lol. The Chevy guys were all going on and on how the trap speed was fine. Same guys that were giving the Roush crap for trapping under 130....

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
You can find a brand new zl1 for 57 grand. 8 grand below msrp. 1le's are around 40 41 grand. Lot of camaros are sitting at the dealer lots. Gt350's are still around 57 grand. It is an easy choice for someone without brand loyalty to steer towards to zl1. I wouldn't expect them to go this low. Before they came out, people were speculating 70 plus grand for the zl1's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JasinEdward

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
You can find a brand new zl1 for 57 grand. 8 grand below msrp. 1le's are around 40 41 grand. Lot of camaros are sitting at the dealer lots. Gt350's are still around 57 grand. It is an easy choice for someone without brand loyalty to steer towards to zl1. I wouldn't expect them to go this low. Before they came out, people were speculating 70 plus grand for the zl1's.
I was under 45,000 out the door on my Premium 2015 with phase 1 Roush blower with warranty..... I was also running mid 11's all day with stock tires....

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeh I was going to say I was just under $37k out the door on a GT premium auto with 3.55s. With the Roush supercharger wouldve been right about that, maybe $46 or 47k with an auto.

There is no comparison dollar per hp between the Mustang and Camaro, even if the Camaro is being given away at thousands below MSRP.

670hp at $46k or so or 650hp even at $57k (if you can find one $8k below MSRP) :crazy:

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Yeh I was going to say I was just under $37k out the door on a GT premium auto with 3.55s. With the Roush supercharger wouldve been right about that, maybe $46 or 47k with an auto.

There is no comparison dollar per hp between the Mustang and Camaro, even if the Camaro is being given away at thousands below MSRP.

670hp at $46k or so or 650hp even at $57k (if you can find one $8k below MSRP) :crazy:
I really don't think those who buy a ZL1 buy it just for straight line speed. Your not even comparing apples to apples.:crazy:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
People that buy the ZL1 are only gonna use it as a streetcar or garage queen. A guy that buys a mustang with a blower is gonna street race it or track/drag race it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I really don't think those who buy a ZL1 buy it just for straight line speed. Your not even comparing apples to apples.:crazy:
No, most will buy it for straight line speed. If you want to turn corners. You'll buy a Corvette or a GT350R. The ZL1 is gonna be a tuff sell. Just like the rest of the Camaro lineup. It's not as fast in a straight line as a Hellcat. Or the Up coming GT500. And it wont turn as good as the GT350 or Grand sport & Z51 Vette.
Sponsored