Sponsored

Who has switched from the Dodge Challenger to the Mustang

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
i cross-shopped the Scat Pack and GT for the past 6 months before ultimately buying my 2017 GT 2 weeks ago. The Challenger was the practical choice bc of interior space and trunk space since i have a 2 year old. I liked the looks, but couldn't get past the size...to me, it didn't feel like i was driving a sports car. i prefered the styling of the Mustang, the available leather seats, and the 430hp is more than enough as my DD. In the end it came down to price. Equipped with the options that i wanted, the GT was about $8,000 cheaper than the Scat Pack. Very happy with my decision. My son's car seat fits fine in the back and my golf clubs fit in the trunk, so I'm good to go

Babystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT premium
i cross-shopped the Scat Pack and GT for the past 6 months before ultimately buying my 2017 GT 2 weeks ago. The Challenger was the practical choice bc of interior space and trunk space since i have a 2 year old. I liked the looks, but couldn't get past the size...to me, it didn't feel like i was driving a sports car. i prefered the styling of the Mustang, the available leather seats, and the 430hp is more than enough as my DD. In the end it came down to price. Equipped with the options that i wanted, the GT was about $8,000 cheaper than the Scat Pack. Very happy with my decision. My son's car seat fits fine in the back and my golf clubs fit in the trunk, so I'm good to go
Which car seat do you use?

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Which car seat do you use?
Graco 4-Ever...Its forward facing. I have to move the passenger seat pretty far up so he has room to stretch his legs, which is fine bc my wife has an Infiniti QX60 when we all go out together. Since I'm the only one in the car 99% of the time, i just leave the passenger seat forward so it's easy for my son to get in and out. When my son is with me, i pull out the passenger seat head rest so that he can see out the front.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Challenger T/As are shipping now...IMO, a really drool-worthy package. The one at a local dealership here in CT is pretty loaded (at $53k) but a T/A 392/6spd starts at $45k.

Basically, you get the Hellcat forged wheels, suspension/brakes/tires, AAR 'Cuda style hood, etc. and a classic (and gorgeous) stripe and black-out package.

At $~10k more, this probably wouldn't tip the scales for the base Mustang GT shopper but if I was looking at a loaded Mustang, this one would demand a test drive too.

http://www.papascdjct.com/new/Dodge/2017-Dodge-Challenger--bc69198d0a0e0ae8307c0e3531269fa2.htm

Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I came close to going Challenger SP , ultimately the Mustang handling and my bias to the Mustang won out. (this is my 3rd)

They are very different cars, I don't think one is better, it's all about what you want in the car.

With the Challenger you do get an awesome exhaust , and I would of got the auto with the remote start. I gave those things up for the Mustang though.

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
Wow that T/A is sharp, is there a big performance difference between the 392 auto vs 6 speed? Like there seems to be in the camaro

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Wow that T/A is sharp, is there a big performance difference between the 392 auto vs 6 speed? Like there seems to be in the camaro
yes, there is no point in getting the 6 speed in the Challenger. You avoid the GG tax with the 8 speed so your really only paying $400 bucks more for the 8a while getting better fuel economy and performance.

OP
OP
Eschatts

Eschatts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cali Special
Well I test drove a 2015 scat Pack today. I love the way it looks, but it is just to big and does not feel that sporty. I think it is just the size. Also the dash is just not as good looking as the mustang. Going to test a CS/GT tomorrow.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Well I test drove a 2015 scat Pack today. I love the way it looks, but it is just to big and does not feel that sporty. I think it is just the size. Also the dash is just not as good looking as the mustang. Going to test a CS/GT tomorrow.
Same feeling I got. You will probably drive the GT home. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor has a base Challenger, was in it quite a bit checking out his after market stereo he was installing, man the car is huge, completely dwarfs my Mustang, way too big a car for me but it's just my opinion.

TC :ford:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer a V8 all the time. Not something that deactivates from eight to four cylinders.

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's funny how different people's tastes can be. I love my mustang but I really thought the challenger's interior was way better than my mustangs. (Referring to the seats, gauges, dash trim, and center console layout.)

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer a V8 all the time. Not something that deactivates from eight to four cylinders.
My '16 Scat Pack only goes into 4 cyl mode in normal mode in Drive. Switch to manual and/or sport mode and it stays in V8 mode 100% of the time. Everytime I start my SP I immediately put it in Sport Mode with a single, simple touch of one button.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
The Mustang GT/CS has the "standard" GT suspension and the Performance Package is not an option for the GT/CS, so it won't feel any sportier than a Scat Pack, IMHO. The SP has Brembo Brakes at all 4 corners, as well as Bilstein shocks, so it handles very well. It just takes more than a quick test drive to perceive this.

Despite weighing 500 lbs more than my '14 Mustang GT, my '16 SP actually feels like it handles & stops better than my GT. I've driven '15+ GT's and they handle better than my '14 GT, of course, but not really any better than my SP (unless you're talking about a GT with the Perf Pkg).

I love both cars so I'm keeping both. I like them for different, but similar reasons.
Sponsored