Sponsored

MPT Data log question

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Good morning all, I installed the mpt tune and the car feels great but it seems to pull harder at partial throttle then full. Do you think it would be beneficial to data log? I currently have my mods listed below and I have driven the car now for over 300 miles with this set up so i figured the car should have adjusted to the new tune by now. Thoughts? Please advise? it really seems to like when i am easing into wot and not so much when i just slam down the peddle ( the car seems to cut off the power or hesitation is occurring) I also always drive with the advance traction control off.

Thanks,
Vinni
Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Always datalog if you feel something is not right with your tuner. If you did your due diligence on your end and made sure the issues are not coming from your side (IE* vacuum leak, exhaust leak, lose connections, etc.) and your tuner refuses to make it right, go elsewhere. You paid for "updates" so use them. You're supposed to datalog regardless to make sure your tune is exactly for your mods. This is not only to make sure you're getting the most of your mods but most importantly for safety.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
could be the TB. I also have the GT tb, I sent in a data log, and ive waiting for amy update....going on 3 days now....

do a data log. send it in. im sure they can figure something out

OP
OP
WhyNot

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
thanks ford, this was an issue i was having with the stock TB, I still have not tried running a tune with the GT TB. I def will have to data log, I just haven't done any data logs yet so I been hesitant on tryin

OP
OP
WhyNot

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Hey Feed it, I am scared there could be a vacuum leak down the line with this current set up but what i was describing was what i was experiencing with MPT tune and stock TB. Hoping i could have the same intake tube set up you have shortly. I have not had a leak till this point but def worth doing it right so i can avoid it all together.

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Hey Feed it, I am scared there could be a vacuum leak down the line with this current set up but what i was describing was what i was experiencing with MPT tune and stock TB. Hoping i could have the same intake tube set up you have shortly. I have not had a leak till this point but def worth doing it right so i can avoid it all together.
Here's hoping you get everything hammered out. My car is an absolute riot with this current setup, especially now that I am finally tuned.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
While I have the 2 gurus in this thread, What and Ford, depending on you your climate i.e me being in chicago, you would want to datalog your tune during the summer if you only run it tuned in the summer correct? So it's more adjusted to those conditions? I'm about to go the mpt route and try it out but I was gonna wait a couple months tI'll it warmed up since I believe mpt only gives you 90 days or something to datalog and have them revise it if you buy the single tune option. Thanks like always

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I have the 2 gurus in this thread, What and Ford, depending on you your climate i.e me being in chicago, you would want to datalog your tune during the summer if you only run it tuned in the summer correct? So it's more adjusted to those conditions? I'm about to go the mpt route and try it out but I was gonna wait a couple months tI'll it warmed up since I believe mpt only gives you 90 days or something to datalog and have them revise it if you buy the single tune option. Thanks like always
It's up to you, when I requested a tune from Torrie I asked for a tune that is 93 and could be used year-round. I'm not really sure if seasonal tuning helps or not. I've always had 1 tune datalogged for my mods that I use year round. The best way to find out is to datalog when the seasons change and see if there is any changes that need to take place. After-all the stock tune is year-round. I've always been the "set it and forget it" type guy (until new mods are added or issues arise). Hope this helps.
Sponsored