Photo request: Rear Performance Pack wheels on front with 5mm spacer

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I've been searching for photos, but I can't find anything.

We all talk about how you can run the rear Performance Package wheels on the front if you use a 5mm spacer, but what does it end up looking like? I really like the performance pack wheels and there are much wider matching wheels available for the rear, which makes me wonder what it would look like to put the rears on the front and get some bigger ones for the back.

So, if you're running this setup, what are your thoughts? I'd love to see a side shot and an offset shot and know tire size as well as your thoughts on how well it works.

Thanks!
Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
BUMP I'd like some input as well.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I was thinking of doing this myself...putting the 9.5" wheels up front with some 275s and getting a pair of the replica 10" wheels out back.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i traded for another members rear pp wheels so i have the rear pp wheel on all four corners with 275/35/19 lowered on BMR 080. used a 5mm spacer up front no issue with clearance or anything. i did this specifically so i could rotate my tires and not burn thru 3 sets in the same time i should really be going thru one. i can get some better pics in the morning. this was the best i had on me. let me know if anyone has any questions, be glad to help as i can

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I've heard it is better with a bigger spacer. Wondering if anyone has any photos of rears on the front with any spacer!
you could run a bigger spacer but i think 5mm was the biggest spacer to safely run without longer studs. i think someone tried running a 7mm spacer but 5mm were easier to find, cheaper and the safer bet so i went with 5s

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
I run a 1" spacer with rear PP wheels up front lowered on steeda 1" drop springs and don't have any issues. No rubbing and it sits flush with the fenders. However the pictures below were taken when I was running 5mm spacers.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
I've read that when using a 5mm spacer something has to be modified for the spacer to work . What is that all about ? I want to move my rears up front and get the 19" x 10" AM look- a- likes for the rear. Also is 305 as wide as i can safely go on a 10" wheel or will 315 fit?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I've read that when using a 5mm spacer something has to be modified for the spacer to work . What is that all about ? I want to move my rears up front and get the 19" x 10" AM look- a- likes for the rear. Also is 305 as wide as i can safely go on a 10" wheel or will 315 fit?
nothing had to be modified to put 5mm spacer and rear pp wheels up front. you just have to make sure that you are getting the safe amount of turns on your lug nuts to truly secure your wheels on but other than that i just slapped them on and went. no issues after several months and prob 2k miles

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
The setup you described is exactly what I'm running. I would not try 315's an a 10" wheel. I'm running Michelin sport cup 2's (305's) and they bulge more than I had hoped. I'm actually moving up to an 11" wheel so I can run 325's.
Sponsored