Sponsored

GT Premium w/ no options?

ito717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Hey folks, brand new user here - been lurking for a while.
Here's my predicament...

I'm in the market for a '17 GT Premium manual, but don't really want any other options. There are lots of GT Premiums at the 4 dealers in my area, but all of them have expensive options like the black accent, California special, or performance package, which really drives up the invoice price. Is it normal for dealer stock to have very few no-option GT Premiums?

Its not that I wouldn't take a black accent or CS car, I just don't want to pay $1000+ for it. So, what is my best course of action? If I were to express interest in special ordering a car with the options I want, could that motivate the dealer to offer one of the CS or PP cars on their lot at a better discount? Most of them have a sticker in the $41-42k range. I'd like to get that down to $36k or so + TTL.

As another data point, I am X-PLAN eligible through my employer, if it matters. The X-PLAN prices on these are more like $38k than $36k.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Sally15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium MT-82 PP; black/black.
I was similar. I used fords website. Use the search feature to narrow the field then use msrp until you isfind the right car. My car was still being built but the order placed it in the system. Googleing the vin led me to the dealer.

You can probably do better than x price, but that is a stress free way of buying.