Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Some people just don't get it. Drag racing is won on the starting line. Unless it's lame boring ass bracket racing.
When you "tree" someone and hold the lead all the way to the finish line you win in heads up drag racing. It doesn't matter who ran a faster ET.

BRORING ass bracket racing gives the slower car a handicap. Let's say car 1 runs a 14:00 and car 2 runs 13:00. Car one gets a 1 second head start. As long as he gets to the finish line first without going faster then his 14:0 dial in time he wins. If he runs a 13:99 he looses no matter what.

Let's say car 1 runs a 14:60 on a 14:0 dial in and car two runs a 12:99 on a 13:0 dial in. Car 1 still wins because he didn't break out even though he's slower. Bracket racing is like racing the clock without going faster then your dial in time. It makes both cars equal no matter which car is faster. You could have a 18 second car beat a 9 second car because of the handicap and dial in.

Bluebeast is racing heads up. That race is won on the starting line. Let's say for example the mustang cuts a better reaction time and gets out of the gate first and keeps the lead all the way. He just won. Even though the vett ET a faster time. If the vett cut a better light and held that lead all the way the vett wins.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So you simply left the line first. He still finished the quarter mile in less time than you.
Correct he did cover the 1/4 mile in less time. So he had the better Elapsed Time or ET. But like explained above. Heads up racing isn't about the best ET. It's a combination of Reaction time, Sixty foot, and ET. I beat the Zo6 in 2 of those 3 categories. The advantage I gained in RT and sixty was enough to hold off the faster car. So I crossed the finish line first winning the race. If you watch NHRA events. The car that crosses the line first wins. ET is more a measure of the cars power. RT and sixty is more driver related.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The C7Z must have been a manual.

Once you go FI you will be beating these cars like nothing. Will you go FI, if so blower or Turbo? Please go single turbo!!!! :D

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Manual on the stock rubber. Pretty impressive that you can hit the launch control button. Leave the traction control on. And hit an 11.1. I wanted to do FI but my wife drove a Blown car and didn't like how it reacted top end. I.E. it scarred her. LOL so we'll stay NA and shoot for low 11s next year.

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Nicely done sir, you can really drive the crap outta that thing!!!

Comes to show it doesn't matter how fast your car is, only fast you are in your car!

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
So you simply left the line first. He still finished the quarter mile in less time than you.
I wasn't aware of how the dragstrip works either, and it was explained to me that the 1/4 mile time doesn't begin until you activate the timer by passing across whatever it is that is there at the line. I presume it's a sensor of some sort. Any car can beat any car in a drag race with a big enough head start. think of reaction time as the head start, ad bluebeastsrt's reaction time was good enough that the z06 couldn't close the gap fast enough to beat him to the finish line.

A "faster" car could win a 1/4 mile time comparison by a long time if the driver is slow off the line.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
If you've never raced. You have to make it a bucket list item. It's cheap. It's a rush and you'll meet a ton of cool people at the track.

Last edited:

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It's been a while since I've raced, but I look at it this way... On the street, there is no ET. Head to head, it's about the driver and how he gets that car moving and who finishes ahead. If you beat the same Corvette on the street are you going to concede because technically he covered the same ground in less time? Nah, you're going to talk mad sh*t.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If you've never race. You have to make it a bucket list item. It's cheap. It's a rush and you'll meet a ton of cool people at the track.
This.

I used to run brackets back in the '90s for many years. Some say it's boring, but it really isn't when you have you and your shit dialed in within thousandths of a second. Then it totally comes down to driver expertise. I recall losing a final round by breaking out by .0003 seconds once. D'oh.

I miss it a lot, really should get back into it. But it can be a terrible addiction, before you know it you're eating nothing but ramen noodles and cheap hot dogs and everything goes into the car....

Sponsored
OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
People that say bracket racing is boring. Just don't understand the nuances of it. Or have never tried it. I find it very challenging. And it'll make you deadly off the line against most weekend warriors. My wife is going to try a no electronics, street car class on for size this season.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
People that say bracket racing is boring. Just don't understand the nuances of it. Or have never tried it. I find it very challenging. And it'll make you deadly off the line against most weekend warriors. My wife is going to try a no electronics, street car class on for size this season.
I think the reason people say it's boring is that sometimes really slow cars run bracket classes. I've seen 16 second 4 door sleds win the whole damn event. I understand that's how it goes but it's like watching paint dry. The only thing I see wrong in the videos posted here is driver etiquette. O.P. take no offense to this but..... Both of you are lighting both bulbs before the other car stages. If you're going to enter the beams first you are supposed to light the top bulbs, then wait for the other car to do so as well. Once he lights his top bulbs then you can light the bottom or wait for him if you prefer. By lighting both sets of bulbs you start a clock and are kind of rushing them. Obviously if the other lane is jerking around too long then light them both. Obviously you can do it anyway you want, but this is consider proper. Just an FYI. Anyway love the car and the videos.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I think the reason people say it's boring is that sometimes really slow cars run bracket classes. I've seen 16 second 4 door sleds win the whole damn event. I understand that's how it goes but it's like watching paint dry. The only thing I see wrong in the videos posted here is driver etiquette. O.P. take no offense to this but..... Both of you are lighting both bulbs before the other car stages. If you're going to enter the beams first you are supposed to light the top bulbs, then wait for the other car to do so as well. Once he lights his top bulbs then you can light the bottom or wait for him if you prefer. By lighting both sets of bulbs you start a clock and are kind of rushing them. Obviously if the other lane is jerking around too long then light them both. Obviously you can do it anyway you want, but this is consider proper. Just an FYI. Anyway love the car and the videos.
LOL proper etiquette on street night??? He's driving a zo6. Of course I'm rushing him. He's got every advantage under the sun. All I have going for me against a supercar. Is wit and experience. I also talk shit to guys in expensive cars in the staging lanes. To get them off their game before we race. So much for polite. :lol:I run gamblers and outlaw classics in my 95. I give those guys a proper stage. But thanks for the drag racing etiquette lesson.:D

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
LOL proper etiquette on street night??? He's driving a zo6. Of course I'm rushing him. He's got every advantage under the sun. All I have going for me against a supercar. Is wit and experience. I also talk shit to guys in expensive cars in the staging lanes. To get them off their game before we race. So much for polite. :lol:I run gamblers and outlaw classics in my 95. I give those guys a proper stage. But thanks for the drag racing etiquette lesson.:D
Like I said I wasn't trying to offend. You would be surprised how many people don't know how it works. I know around here guys get all bent out of shape about rushing in or burning them down.

Last edited:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Im fairly confident he isnt surprised , im sure he knows all too well with how people are.
Sponsored