Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I will be there all week. I am glad to see the are moving the drag race to North Myrtle Beach that ought to improve the turn out and not have to drive all the way across the state!

I am down for Wednesday or Thursday for the mustang6g meet a Ducati's.
I completely agree on the moving the drag races closer to Myrtle. I expect a great turnout.

I plan to attend this as I haven't ever wanted to make the ~2hr drive to Darlington and then have to come back to Myrtle after.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yup i'm glad they moved it. Darlington is better no doubt. I'd rather be entertained and hardly have traveled to be honest to watch it truthfully.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
yup i'm glad they moved it. Darlington is better no doubt. I'd rather be entertained and hardly have traveled to be honest to watch it truthfully.
Yes, I don't like it's a 1/8 but I was talking to my group earlier.

It's going to be a much different atmosphere this year which will be very cool. Almost like a local meet, I'm thinking.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it's going to cut out all the high school and college kids because they gotta be in school. it's definitely going to be a different atmosphere I think. well maybe not totally different but a lot less dudebros about.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
it's going to cut out all the high school and college kids because they gotta be in school. it's definitely going to be a different atmosphere I think. well maybe not totally different but a lot less dudebros about.
Sad to some get "eliminated" but the date change is hopefully going to benefit weather wise.

That is the major factor I like about the change but the unfortunate aspect is it eliminates the chance for some to come which have came for many years during the July format.

Sponsored

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
We always do a vacation in Myrtle Beach in July. This year we are adding another trip down for Mustang Week.

The only downside is most of all of the rentals are Sat - Sat. and it looks like Sat. is a big day for Mustang Week.

5.0dad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I live just outside of Myrtle beach, so we'll be waiting for all who plan to attend this year, but FYI , the area adjacent to the convention center where the show will be is huge, September is still hot as Hell , NMB Dragstrip sucks.

JBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang S550 GT P
Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the group at Mustang Week 2017.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
First post is updated for our Event as well. I will start a thread for that event if this becomes to busy:

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I live 20 miles away, the date change is definitely gonna hurt the event. NMB dragstrip is too small to handle any kind of decent crowd, will be a clusterfvck.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I will be there all week this year. Woohoo!
May I offer a prize suggestion... free dinner, appetizer or desert for the person/group that traveled the farthest? I live in Columbia, SC so that doesn't apply to me, but would be cool to give props to someone for travelling a long distance to hang with everyone.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I will be there all week this year. Woohoo!
May I offer a prize suggestion... free dinner, appetizer or desert for the person/group that traveled the farthest? I live in Columbia, SC so that doesn't apply to me, but would be cool to give props to someone for travelling a long distance to hang with everyone.
We did actually award the longest drive to someone from Iowa if I can remember correctly last year.

We have few surprises we will be sharing once everyone arrives the day of the Event...:ninja::ninja::ninja:

jdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Oxford white
I'll be there all week. Where are the places to meet up at? It's my first time there
Sponsored