OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Im at the point where I've given up. I'm so tired of taking my car up there and they can't replicate the problem. I think it's in the tranny but I should take it back to Ford, send the clutch back to McLeod, have Ford open up the transmission and look inside to see if there is any visible damage. Frustrating and aggregating. One time it got stuck in 1st gear when the car was off, another time it got stuck in gear, I turned the car off and it popped out without a problem
Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I told myself i wasn't going to let this problem bother me but the more I drive the car the more it gets stuck in first. I take it back to Ford, of course they can't replicate the problem. I noticed tonight when i stopped on a hill, the shifter got stuck. I turned the car off, tried to move the shifter, it was still stuck but sometimes ill turn the car off and it pops out of gear with no problem. Anyways i noticed when i had my foot on the clutch(still stuck in first gear) on a slight hill, the car didn't roll back it just stayed still. I yanked it out of first gear put my foot on the clutch, put it back in first gear again and the car rolled back down the hill. Its like the clutch isn't disengaging. New slave cylinder, New MGW shifter , New RST McLeod Clutch and steel flywheel. Should I tell Ford to open up the Transmission and look inside? I also noticed this morning it was hard to put in first gear. It was cold out maybe it had to warm up but I still shouldn't have to use that much force to put it in gear. Im all out of ideas. trying to keep a cool head but this is frustrating. What do you think Anyone else experience this? Thanks for your help

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
Man how many dealers did you try taking it too? It may be all the aftermarket tranny parts doing this to you. I dont understand why they wont even open it up and investigate. Yell at them!

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I keep going back to the same dealer because they installed all of the aftermarket parts. I figure if I go to another dealership they may void my warranty. It didn't start doing this until they installed the McLeod clutch. Im thinking about sending the clutch back to McLeod, maybe something wrong with clutch but everybody points to the transmission

Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Just noticed tonight, gear shifter was stuck in first, clutch pushed all the way down to the floor but the car was still rolling forward as if I was in first gear with my foot off the clutch. Yanked it out of first and the car immediately stopped rolling. Wtf

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I am having similar issues with my McLeod. I suspect the floating plate is not floating and dragging. I am waiting for the weather to get better and pull the transmission or take it to a shop to have them do it and inspect. Hate to go through the hassle but the wear and tear on the syncros is going to add up to problems later.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Finally someone with the same issue im having lol. Taking it to the shop and have them uninstall the clutch..im sending it to McLeod as soon as I can get out. Pissed off money and time I don't have. Spent all this money on this clutch and I've been having problems from the beginning smh.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I have a sneaky suspicion that I may have twisted the input shaft slightly. Twice on a road course in one day I missed a shift and went from 3rd to 6th hard and the clutch made a squeal and obviously bogged the motor instantly. If I did slightly twist the input shaft it would exhibit these symptoms.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I haven't missed any shifts. In the beginning the clutch used to make a noise when I push the clutch in.

Sponsored
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Took it to the dealership this morning. I was finally able to replicate the problem. Car is stuck in first gear, clutch pedal down to the floor while the car proceeds to move forward. Place my foot on the brake, car still stuck in first clutch pushed to the floor, release brake, car moves forward still stuck in first. Mechanic says it's a hydraulic problem. Sounds like the master cylinder. What do you guys think? I leaning towards clutch. I wanted to take the clutch out have McLeod look at it, and have McLeod send me a new or rebuilt clutch kit. I just dont think its the master cylinder

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Man all this yanking out of gear can't be good on the transmission

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding your last post, the car rolls with the clutch pedal pressed...in gear or not, I don't see how that's not normal?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Its not good at all. Car rolls with the clutch pedal pressed in gear. Its not normal. Ita shouldn't do that. Trying to figure out why it's doing that

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Its not good at all. Car rolls with the clutch pedal pressed in gear. Its not normal. Ita shouldn't do that. Trying to figure out why it's doing that
My god it was frustrating reading all of that. From my years of experience it definitely sounds like a bad pressure plate not disengaging the clutch. Stop going back and forth just replace the clutch

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
My transmission is coming out on Tuesday and will report what I find. While mine is similar to the OP, it is not as bad sounding. Still, I know there is a problem and it needs to be fixed.
Sponsored