CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
You need to check for warped flywheel, clutch plate and pressure plate.
Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
This happened on one of my vehicles many years ago. I replaced the clutch and pressure plate. When I started the car and tried to get it into gear it would not go in. With the engine off it would go into any gear. I start the car with it in gear and the clutch pedal pushed down and damned near put the car through the wall. After a bit of troubleshooting I took the tranny out and started checking things out. I had a brand new clutch plate that was dished. It was very slight and you couldn't see it but the straight edge proved it. Went back and got another clutch disk plate and everything worked fine. I don't remember the diameter of the disk but it was in a small block A body Mopar. There was a little over an eighth inch difference in that disk from outer edge to center.

5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Got the same problem also have mcleod rst and steel flywheel. it doesn't bother me anymore tbh I just rev the car and pull. Nowadays, I just put it in neutral before coming to a stop.

Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
$1000 for a clutch and it doesn't work properly .Im gonna call Mcleod today. Im gonna tell them other people r having issues with this clutch. I just don't want it to mess up anything else. Is clutch drag?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Seems like syncro or linkage related. If you're revving the engine, that means engine is torqing over.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Ford says it's not the syncros. Smfh. What should I do? Tell ford to open the tranny and look inside or call Mcleod and ask for a new clutch? Haven't had the clutch longer then a couple months?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Yes CB. No problems before the clutch..I called McLeod, told me to send it in, check to see if installed wrong or if it's a defect. I hope its a defect and they send me a new one and my problems will be solved

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Did those ford employees bleed that clutch fluid properly? I read this thread again. It doesn't say if they did it. I would try that first before ripping out the tranny

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Similar issue here with similar set up, but I have a McLeod Aluminum flywheel. My symptoms are similar, but not as bad. I beat the shit out of the new clutch (after breaking it in) on a road course and that is when shit started to happen.

I am curious what you find. My car is in storage for winter and haven't driven it for 3 months. Getting itchy.
Sponsored