Status
Not open for further replies.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Will the LPFP being upgraded help too? I know that on the BMW engines, the LPFP was what made the most difference, even against all logic. The HPFP could be made to run harder, but was starving.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Very excited to see how this pump performs. Definitely will be a part of my build once it's released. Still debating if I want a built short block and a efr7063 or the bigger 7160 though.
You mean 7163 and 7670. You would want to go with the 7670, my favorite turbo hands down.

Will the LPFP being upgraded help too? I know that on the BMW engines, the LPFP was what made the most difference, even against all logic. The HPFP could be made to run harder, but was starving.

I have used the factory LPFP up to 600whp, it won't be an issue for most street cars.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
You mean 7163 and 7670. You would want to go with the 7670, my favorite turbo hands down.

I have used the factory LPFP up to 600whp, it won't be an issue for most street cars.

That is good to hear. We chased the fueling issues for years before we figured out the LPFP was the big player.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile

Yes that's what I meant lol. Still learning these efr's. I'm sure to precision stuff only.

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Precision. Ughhh, lol.
Their bigger turbos are great. Just when you get down to some of these small ones that our cars like they don't seem to do so well.

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
I've got a 5558 JB in my car at the moment. In short, I love it, but I've only had it for a week lol. We'll see how long it lasts though...what do you guys think? A year or two tops?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Why would it only last a year or two?
PTE turbos aren't known to be the most reliable turbos. Like I've said for years now, for street turbos it goes like this: BW > Garrett > Precision. Those are the big 3. I'd take a Comp over a Precision too. I've ran PTE stuff in the past and tried to give them a fair shake, but I won't spend my money on them again.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
im in for this

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Didn't know this thread was a discussion for PTE's unreliable turbos lol.

Testing will continue on Monday if everything arrives on time...

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So this will allow enough fuel pressure to run strait E85, and if I am reading this strait would you not need an aux rail now with the added pressure?

How would this work with say MAPs ported heads and new intake? Would you be able to cap off the port injector bungs and just run this new pump bypassing needing more injectors? IF you stayed on pump gas tune? The whole thing with the new intake and head combo to get the most out of it was the aux fueling so.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
So this will allow enough fuel pressure to run strait E85, and if I am reading this strait would you not need an aux rail now with the added pressure?

How would this work with say MAPs ported heads and new intake? Would you be able to cap off the port injector bungs and just run this new pump bypassing needing more injectors? IF you stayed on pump gas tune? The whole thing with the new intake and head combo to get the most out of it was the aux fueling so.
There would be no need to run a ported head or intake manifold to max out the new pump. If you want to make more than 450-500whp on E85 you will need port injection still.

This pump will be good for a rod/piston upgrade setup and big turbo. Beyond that you need port injection still.

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So can you run this with a turbo swap or would you need to still do a full E85 kit

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
So can you run this with a turbo swap or would you need to still do a full E85 kit
You will need a turbo kit to max out this pump. It will handle any power level and E85 on a stock turbo.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.