Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The weather is so awesome in the Midwest, I decided to take the GT350 out of hibernation this weekend.

Went on a few "spirited" drives so far...Plenty of hard launches and 8k RPM romps.

Guess what...I'm still alive, smiles from ear to ear. Car is fine, didn't lose a hose or burn to the ground. Recall, ha. ;)

P.S. I can listen to this exhaust all day long. Drive and enjoy your cars guys.
Nobody said it's going to happen to you. Nobody said it'll happen today. But if or or when it does, kiss your engine goodbye. It's a recall ford issued. No reason why is should take until possibly July to get the replacement hoses.
Sponsored

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Nobody said it's going to happen to you. Nobody said it'll happen today. But if or or when it does, kiss your engine goodbye. It's a recall ford issued. No reason why is should take until possibly July to get the replacement hoses.
I agree 100% with you that this process has been a complete failure on Ford's part, I'm just not sweating it and will continue to drive the car as intended.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Please see post 590. You read it right my friend.
Thanks Scott. Missed that first report.... Not good. Appreciate your efforts & sharing the info.

Ford should just reimburse us for our own fixes that meet their specifications.
Not much difference when compared to torquing down an oil filter. Something I know I can do correctly.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
WHAT???

Who at Ford? What explanation did they give? Are we getting updated written notification? :frusty::doh::eyebulge::headbonk::rant::shocked:
Jim we have nothing to worry about since our cars are not the most track capable Mustangs ever Built by Ford.

I always drive mine like a Sunday driver on a rainy day. :D

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Jim we have nothing to worry about since our cars are not the most track capable Mustangs ever Built by Ford.

I always drive mine like a Sunday driver on a rainy day. :D
I only let granny drive car

Sponsored

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
FRANK
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
I spoke with the engineers at SVT and we can replace the hoses ourselves as long as the solution is better than Ford's. If it fails it's your bill. I also plan on replacing the factory hoses with AN fittings and Braided hose. I refuse to use SS Braided hose because IT FAILS. I use HS-79 PTFE Hypalon hoses and AN fittings from AN Plumbing.com on my Formula race cars (F1 uses same hoses) because it's INDESRUCTABLE.

The PTFE Hypalon has a 3000 psi burst pressure, a Low Friction Teflon Core, a Carbon Fiber Jacket, won't kink even if tied in knots, uses special High Pressure AN Fittings and costs $50.00 a foot.

PTFE.jpg

My guys have installed and tested the prototype fittings. Now it's time to make more out of stronger aluminum, probably better than 2024. That's better aluminum than AN fittings are made of. O-rings will be high temp Viton, not rubber like OEM. Viton is rated to 500 degrees and resists vibration better than rubber.... Kits will be available with or without hoses, and the custom fitting can be bare aluminum or anodized.

[/url]FB_IMG_1486425173102 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]FB_IMG_1486425118372 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Wow really?
Ford doesn't own your car, you or the bank does. Of course you can fix or replace them yourself. They can't tell you otherwise. But like they said, if your hoses fail and the engine blows you'll be out $16k-30k or possibly a whole car. Even the hoses you post can fail. I deal with hydraulic lines all the time and replace them often. Even hoses that are rated for 5000psi fail. No hose is indestructible.

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Throw me in the mix here. Just put money down to hold a 17' AG with white OTT stripes. Can't move forward with the purchase until the car has the recall work done. Like the info on here, the dealer said some time in March.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Throw me in the mix here. Just put money down to hold a 17' AG with white OTT stripes. Can't move forward with the purchase until the car has the recall work done. Like the info on here, the dealer said some time in March.
Don't want to burst your bubble, but since they pushed the recall for second 1/4 of 2017, your looking at June-July the latest.

Good luck with your decision. :thumbsup:

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well I hope its not that long..... I have my heart set on an AG GT350 so I guess I'll just have to be patient, unless I keep searching for another that isn't affected by the recall. I have a dealer willing to factory order a 2018 but I likely wouldn't have that until late summer and AG is out for 2018.

Sponsored

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
FRANK
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
I paid sticker for my GT350 TP because I paid cash. I'm a ME and a Lead A&P mechanic as well as racing for over 25 years in everything from GT to Formula cars to Prototypes. Never take shortcuts on safety or reliability, DNF or Second Place is the FIRST LOSER. Always use latest technology, it may cost more but you can't win if you're not competitive.

Pictures of a vintage Lola T250 FSV restoration nearly complete. It's one of a number of Lolas that I own. When this is finished we'll be starting on another. I used the PTFE hose with standard AN Hardware because this should be adequate, still have 600 psi burst pressure. If you notice on my earlier post the AN Fittings are much different for the higher burst pressure.

LOLA119.jpg

LOLA140.jpg

my girls.jpg

Just a few of my girls, there are 12 in total not counting the Formula cars.

MYSHEL4.jpg

2013-06-01_18-38-20_931.jpg

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
FRANK
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
LOLA121 - Copy.jpg

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
FRANK
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
LOLA129 - Copy.jpg

SETH3.jpg

MYSALEEN2.jpg

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
FRANK
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
Well, being an Engineer and an A&P and working on $70 Million aircraft that fly at a ceiling of 52,000 ft at some 630 Knots where temps are -120F for 12 hours at a time, and having championship race cars to include winning the Rolex 24 in Daytona in 2001, I may have a fair grasp of hose technology.

Wow really?
Ford doesn't own your car, you or the bank does. Of course you can fix or replace them yourself. They can't tell you otherwise. But like they said, if your hoses fail and the engine blows you'll be out $16k-30k or possibly a whole car. Even the hoses you post can fail. I deal with hydraulic lines all the time and replace them often. Even hoses that are rated for 5000psi fail. No hose is indestructible.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Nice collection. You appear to like cars that handle well on a road course.
Sponsored