Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Hey I'm Thed! Some (if any) willl recognize me from Motor Trend and Car Fanatics Forums. I am 18 and about to enter college here in NC. I currently drive a 1996 Ford Ranger and she is my pride and joy (her name's DeLone and you shall address her as such :p ). But, she won't last forever. Nah just kidding, she could. But I have some plans for the old girl and before I start, I need a new DD. If everything goes according to plan, I'll be in the market for a new car by the time the 2016 model years will be coming out. That way I can get a late 2015 for nothing. :D

I have been a fan of the almighty Pony since before I knew what it was, because there was something about those Foxbodies that just clicked with my six0year-old brain. For the most part I'm a traditionalist, my Mustang will be a RWD manual V8 coupe. Anything else will not be considered. Not even a convertible.

So yeah that's a breif intro from me.

Also, admin(s), I volunteer to be a moderator. :p
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
My name is Paul........I'm 41 years old and live in 'lil old England :)

Here's my Mustang....a 2005 GT.....she's my pride and joy and gets used only on sunny weekends (daily driver is a e46 BMW 330i)

Berkshiremeetjuly2012-48.jpg

I've been a fan of Mustangs (and other pony/muscle cars for years) but it was the S197 that re-ignited the flame.

I'd always been a fan of the European Mustang, the Capri, and have owned quite a few. The S197 was the nearest thing to a new Capri to me, so I knew I had to have one.

2679658349_8992703159_b.jpg

I've followed the development of the Mustang very closely since 2005 and have been hunting spyshots of all the new varients, especially the 2010 and then 2013 model years.

The '15 has me slightly worried as I love the current retro style, but as long as Ford ensures it's a cool looking car, I'm sure I'll love it.

:)

(ps - my login name comes from my old Z32 300zx Twin Turbo - gone but not forgotten)

Yami

Hey, I'm not as new here but glad to see some new members!

Name is Jon, from Houston.

Currently in a beater car so I won't embarrass myself by identifying my jalopy :D But I've been following rumors of the next Mustang since I decided that I was going to hold out for the next gen even though I love the current Mustang. The timing just works out better for me. Now let's hope they don't screw it up! I'm a little wary of it losing the retro look, but Ford styling has been great lately so I have no worries (ok maybe just a little bit) :)

Hey TT.... nice GT !

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
TT that Capri looks freakin awesome... You officially made me jelly.

And come on, Yami. Tell us what you drive :D

Sponsored

TaurusSHO

Threads
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm TaurusSHO! Most people just call me Taurus though. You'll mostly see me posting over on the Motor Trend forums and on the Tarus Car Club of America. Of course this means I drive a Taurus :cool: It's a 1997 GL that has over 185,000 miles on it, and I plan to keep it as long as possible. Here's a picture of her
IMG_0378.jpg

I'm also a big fan of the Mustang, although until the 2010 refresh it was nothing special to me. I've always loved the fullsized Panther cars so it didn't really appeal to me that much. But for some reason the 2010 refresh made it look amazing and I've loved it ever since. The 2013 refresh make it look almost perfect for me. In about two years I plan to get a Town Car, but after that the 2015 Mustang is right at the top of my list for my third car. :D

TaurusSHO

Threads
Reaction score
Nothin' much ;) It'll be cool joining a forum at the beginning and being able to watch it grow.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I know!

Hey I never got to ask... what are you going to do about the Taurus? I thought you had an oil pump gasket leak and a rear main seal leak too.

Sponsored

TaurusSHO

Threads
Reaction score
I don't think there ever was a gasket leak. The rear main seal, oil pan, and something else has been leaking since April 2011. I've started to keep track and it seems I need to add a quart every 1400 miles or so, which isn't too bad IMO. It'll be over $1000 to fix all of that and my dad doesn't want to pay for that since it's old and high mileage on top of that. Once I get a job (likely next summer) I'll get that done and replace the valve cover gasket since that seems to be leaking too :rolleyes: I'm just glad we're one of the lucky ones to have it still running on the original transmission *knocks on wood*

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Keep changing that transmission fluid on time and you'll be good to go! :)

Korean Cowboy

I Hate Toyotas!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
toyotadeathwatchupdates.com
Hello all, it's me, the Korean Cowboy, or KC for short. Former AWCC (Autoweek) member and current Motor Trend Forum Moderator. I'm a third-generation and nine-year veteran of the auto industry, having worked for such companies as Ford, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW. Currently going (back) to school now, and running my anti-Toyota site, Toyota Deathwatch Updates. Yeah, it is as awesome as you think it is.

I'm also a lifelong Ford fan, much to the chagrin of my wife (her family drives nothing but Toyota...oh the irony). My cars are:

2001 Mercury Sable LS Premium - was my Grandmother's car, currently sitting in a shop on its deathbed...
2007 Honda Civic LX Coupe - my new DD after I totalled my old one ('06 Kia Spectra EX)
??? - wife's new DD, can not be revealed at this time.

Hope to contribute as much as I can...that being said, will there be other categories for older 'Stangs?

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Please tell me your wife's car is from the Blue Oval...

BasiliskSt

Threads
Reaction score
I'm a Ford loyalist (though more Mercuries under my belt). My wife loves sporty Fords from Ford of Europe Capri, to Mustang and Thunderbird so given the nature of couple relationships, it's easy to like and advocate for the Mustang. I'd like to have a 2007 era Mustang (I liked the body) of that era with a 2009 interior, but the exterior styling is more important. The SVO Turbo Four is a long time favorite. I like direct, communicative steering and compliant suspension that remains unperturbed over mid-corner bumps.
Sponsored