Sponsored

A Boy & his Mustang...

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
MBRP is surprisingly solid for the money. Mine fit great.
Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
MBRP is surprisingly solid for the money. Mine fit great.
Mine as well. For less than half the price of most of the other brands, I had to give it a shot and have NOT been disappointed. Sounds mean as hell around 3 to 6 grand! Enjoy bud!:headbang:

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Got things on order, but added a few simple fun things.

[/url] by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

SpaceCitySpy trunk pulley.

[/url]Untitled by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

I mean no one wants to see finger prints on that black deck lid cover.

A cool yellow carbon fiber print pony from Custom Mods.

[/url] by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

CAI, shifter knob, painting engine covers, ect.... coming up before that Chicago Winter Hits!

[/url]American Muscle by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

CUBBIES!

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Next up...

[/url]5.0L V8 POWER!! by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]Before.... by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

removal was simple. did not have to take the strut bar off to get the top cover removed.

primed.

[/url]Primed! by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

had to let dry over night then lightly sand a couple spots where it pooled. do not have my spray paint technique mastered yet. hope to get painted this week if time permits.

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
its a slow process. especially with work and all this Chicago Cubs excitement. however, getting closer. hope to finish it all up this weekend. lines and letters will be yellow.

[/url]Engine Coil Covers. Hard part is up next. by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sponsored

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Not going to lie, but I lost my patience a bit with painting these. :)

Made a couple mistakes causing some "pools" and "runs" that I then had to wait out so it could dry, then I could sand down, and re paint. Had some overspray with the yellow on the engine cover due to poor taping. All in all the look great to me. I mean they are under the hood for gosh sakes!

I am skipping the letters. Well might order the Anchor Room Decals. Not going to spend that time doing that! Ha ha.

[/url]Project complete. Painted the engine cover, coil covers and fuse box lid. Not hard, but not easy. Requires patience which I lack. by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]Project complete. Painted the engine cover, coil covers and fuse box lid. Not hard, but not easy. Requires patience which I lack. by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

Used VHT High Temp spray paints; primer, metalic black, yellow, and clear gloss. I followed good old Grandpa Bills YouTube video and instructions to figure out what I needed and how to go about it. Once I get them re installed I will toss a before and after up.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Not going to lie, but I lost my patience a bit with painting these. :)

Made a couple mistakes causing some "pools" and "runs" that I then had to wait out so it could dry, then I could sand down, and re paint. Had some overspray with the yellow on the engine cover due to poor taping. All in all the look great to me. I mean they are under the hood for gosh sakes!

I am skipping the letters. Well might order the Anchor Room Decals. Not going to spend that time doing that! Ha ha.

Used VHT High Temp spray paints; primer, metalic black, yellow, and clear gloss. I followed good old Grandpa Bills YouTube video and instructions to figure out what I needed and how to go about it. Once I get them re installed I will toss a before and after up.
:thumbsup: I think it looks great - I can't wait to see it installed!

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
^^^^ Thanks!

Waiting to put them back on until this weekend. Want to delete the sound tube and install some hood struts first.

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Went to install my Redline Hood Struts last night and that didn't work out.

First, I guess I didn't get the option package that included the 3 plastic screw tabs to hold down the battery cover. Then the Redline bracket does not line up correctly. I understand they will say it is a ford panel alignment issue, but my hood and fenders look good. That makes me reluctant to adjust the hood just for these.

Might try to drill out the hole in the bracket to make it bigger. Wondering how the bracket being installed "crooked" will effect the function of the gas strut. Does it just float on the ball of the bracket?

EDIT: Redline states drilling out the bracket hole and installing it "crooked" will not effect the functioning of the strut. I shall let you know.
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1073.jpg

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I had to drill the hole ALOT! Will find out if it works today. Something about having the bracket crooked worries me.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
sorry for the giant pictures above. i blame the iPhone.

so the bracket did not line up due to Ford panel issues. however, the gaps look decent and i did not want to adjust the hood. RedLine PM'ed me stating drilling out the bracket hole for the washer fluid line and installing the bracket NOT straight was doable.

[/url]Untitled
by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]Untitled

[/url]Untitled

[/url]Untitled

hopefully this a bit off install is no issue. love the way they work!

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I am getting ready to do this. Just not sure on what color I want. With the Triple Yellow Stang it's safe to say I have a lot of yellow going on.

So I could do yellow, classic brembo color is red, maybe a gloss black?

What do you guys think?

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Well that was not fun.

[/url]Sound Tube Delete. Ugh! by a ham23, on Flickr[/IMG]

Seriously that little 10mm nut is one pain in the arse. I tried just yanking the dam thing out with no luck. Had to make a couple trips to Home Depot to get a ratchet that would work. Well, one that I could hold onto as I shoved my arm in to that tiny little space. After several drops, breaks for hand cramps and back aches, 100 very tiny turns due to the tight space, the damn nut came off! After that it just pulled out.

I think removing the strut bar would have mad it much easier, but its a very tight space and I have pretty skinny arms!

Last edited:

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
Great write ups so far and the car looks great! I have the same sound tube delete kit and have been dreading putting it in. My hand just doesn't fit in there and I am worried I won't be able to get the plug in place. One thing I noticed on my 2016 PP is that I can't even see the nut that everyone is removing. I figure I am just blind or something.

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
It is such a tight space man. It is definitely hard to see down there. Get a small ratchet wrench with a flat profile, a deep 10mm socket AND normal 10mm socket. Once I started backing the nut off the wrench got wedged in against the engine block. Eventually I got it loose enough I could turn it by hand. If you can not get a arm back there then check out the CJ Pony Parts video for the Roush CAI install. He uses a bunch of extensions and some sort of 90 degree extension to get at it and back it off.

It was not a 15 min job for. Had to be patient and take some beer brakes.....

I tried to just yank it out, but it would not just "rip" off the nut. Did not have my jack (loaned out) but it looked like it was accessible from underneath. I mean every time I dropped the wrench it fell straight to the ground. :)

Also saw some folks just cut/dremel the tube right where it bends to the fire wall. You can't see it from top and saves one the hassle. IDK. Glad I got it out!
Sponsored