Auto-blip??

mrdigray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 - White Blue Stripes
You are correct. I have both the SRP pedals and the auto blip. A couple of my favorite mods.
Not to hijack the thread but, what size SRP pedals (standard, medium or extra wide)? My wife always has trouble finding gift ideas for me and I'd like to give her a very good hint.
Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Not to hijack the thread but, what size SRP pedals (standard, medium or extra wide)? My wife always has trouble finding gift ideas for me and I'd like to give her a very good hint.
I have the medium width.

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
how does autoblip work if you are at redline? what if you have to go down 2 gears?
It works just as if you were actually heel/toeing. One downshift, one blip. You should never just go directly from 4th to 2nd, if that's what you mean.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
how does autoblip work if you are at redline? what if you have to go down 2 gears?
I can't imagine when you would want to downshift even once when you were at redline.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Installed and tested on Road Atlanta - brilliant mod. Thank you mmm635 for the recommendation.

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Thanks! Man, I miss that car!!

I removed the clutch spring in my car - so much better!!

LOL
Can you tell me more about the feel when you removed the spring? I mean the feel right now is so light and vague and the engagement point is hard to get right when up shifting on the track. :shrug:

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I installed auto blip on my GT350...I LOVE it! I am proficient at heel/toe and have been tracking my cars for almost 10 years. The problem is: I am not perfect and still make mistakes. Being able to focus 100% on braking allows me to drive deeper into the corner consistently.

It takes a little bit of playing around to get the auto blip dialed in. Once it is set, it is perfect. Highly recommend.

I am not a professional driver, nor will I ever be. I am descent at heel/toe, but the auto blip is perfect every time!

Using it at Road America was a lot of fun! For those naysayers...take a hard look at yourself and your driving ability...just because you CAN heel/toe does not mean you are proficient at it and have mastered it. Try it guys-it works and is fun. Watch those lap times get smaller...

I obviously have it turned off for street driving. No need for it if all you are doing is cruising on the street. The ONLY way I would recommend this unit is for the track. It has helped me...

Just my 2 pennies!
Just wanted to chime in on your post. I totally agree with your assessment of being able to concentrate on your braking and downshifting and getting to the apex without the additional job of heel and toeing. And with the GT350 its very hard for me to do it without being in threshold braking...and its not in every corner I want to be. You've hit the nail on the head...I mean Porsche has had it for years. I'm thinking of installing one and was just going through all the posts about them. Thanks.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I can't imagine when you would want to downshift even once when you were at redline.
If I am at the end of the straight at redline or really close and start to break heavily I could theoretically of put my foot on the clutch at or close to redline.

Though to be fair I do that to reduce the number of things I have to do at once

So it could be redline -> foot on break and clutch -> down shift -> blip throttle -> foot off clutch and brake

Thats a not exact sequence but you gt the idea. Im not even sure thats the actuall order I do it in.

Maybe its smart enough to know not to blip past redline. I feel like something like that would cause you to change the way you drive.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
It works just as if you were actually heel/toeing. One downshift, one blip. You should never just go directly from 4th to 2nd, if that's what you mean.
I under stand you should never go directly from 4 to 2. But there will be times where you approach a corner in 4th and want to leave in 2nd. If I understand how this works you would 4 ->3 (it blips) 3-> 2 you have to do this your self?

Trying to not be dense.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Can you tell me more about the feel when you removed the spring? I mean the feel right now is so light and vague and the engagement point is hard to get right when up shifting on the track. :shrug:
I removed mine. With the spring the clutch would have a stuck on the floor feeling and it was inconsistent pressure across its travel.

It takes like 30 seconds to remove if you dont like it you can put it back

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I under stand you should never go directly from 4 to 2. But there will be times where you approach a corner in 4th and want to leave in 2nd. If I understand how this works you would 4 ->3 (it blips) 3-> 2 you have to do this your self?

Trying to not be dense.
It will blip with each depress of the clutch if the brake is still engaged.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405

Trying to not be dense.
Curious why 4th to 2nd is a no-no? I do this all the time, even 5th to 2nd; it's a piece of cake if you heel-toe & double declutch, which I'm finally starting to get used to in the GT350.

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Any update as to a release on the Autoblip that will work with the 2017?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Curious why 4th to 2nd is a no-no? I do this all the time, even 5th to 2nd; it's a piece of cake if you heel-toe & double declutch, which I'm finally starting to get used to in the GT350.
My understanding is it's better for the synchros. But I'm thinking that might not be true anymore in a modern transmission

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Trying to not be dense.
Dropping down two (or even three) gears directly is something humans can do, and can do quite easily. You know everything necessary to get it right.

Autoblip can only assume that you're dropping down one gear at a time, since all it really knows is that you have one foot on the brake pedal and the other on the clutch pedal. It has no idea what you did (or are about to do) with the shift lever, and getting the blip perfectly right for dropping down one gear = fail if you're actually dropping down two or more. On the street, this might pitch you forward (not too big of a deal), but at speed on the track, momentarily locking up the rear wheels in the braking zone sounds like a bad idea. ABS notwithstanding.

Norm
Sponsored