Sponsored

Auto-blip??

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
I think I read on here that a few people may have installed Auto-blip. I am referring to the following product;

https://www.auto-blip.com/

If so, I would like some real world feedback. The only only "issue" I see with the product is that it appears that it only works if both the brake AND clutch are pressed. So it would work well on the track for downshifting during threshold braking but it wont work when say shifting from 4th to 3rd on the street when simply downshifting. Is this true?

Any other products like this out there I should consider? I really like how the Porsche GT4 and new 911's rev match on downshift. It would be great if we could add that to our cars.
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
I was contemplating getting one when I first bought my 350. I intended on using at a track car, and I had never tried heel toeing before and when I started to practice on the street which was challenging. But after my 1st track day I rally got the hang of it, and now it's 2nd nature, and it's very rewarding. If you've tried heel/toe on track and can't get the hang of it, go for the auto blip, but it's actually not as difficult as I initially thought.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Quite a few guys on TMO use it as well

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
I have it installed but use it very little (prefer to learn to properly heel/toe). It is based on brake and clutch input so it doesn't work that great on the street. It is a great product though. Installation was not complicated but it is more than just a plug/play. They give you everything you need.

Sponsored

elmn8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350 H0124 - Race Red
Just posted a heads up over on TMO today about AutoBlip and 2017 model GT-350's and thought I should do the same here.

I've worked with Andres trying to get the AutoBlip to work on my '17 over the last couple of weeks and it turns out that Ford, for some reason, changed the voltage on one of the two pins used by the AutoBlip on the throttle position sensor. It makes it so the AutoBlip can't send the proper voltage for the blip and it puts the car in limp mode.

So, until Andres implements a fix, it won't work on '17 GT-350's. I don't know about other Mustang models but it would make sense that Ford changed all of the 17's I would think. Hopefully, he will have a fix soon.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
For some reason, my feet don't do well in the GT350 for Heel and toe. Regardless, the Auto-blip will increase your track times without having to heel and toe. Essentially, you are leveling the playing field with the GT3, GT3RS, GT4, and other cars that rev match. Plus, the auto blip is a controlled way of heel and toe that will save your transmission in the long run. It is easy to mis-shift in the heat of the moment wile on the track.

In my opinion, it is worth every penny if you want to focus more on hitting apexes correctly and looking into your next turn quicker without having to worry about rev matching.

In my GT3RS with PDK, every 3 shifts will gain a car length compared to a manual shift. Think about that...

Here is the last video I made with the resonator delete. You can hear the rev matching in the video...

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=_1SIu5jvfAk;t=13[/MEDIA]"]

Just for shits and giggles, here is a video of the GT3RS with my new dual camera and microphone setup. I still think the GT350 is the best sounding factory car in production, even compared to the higher end cars.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=GsVnNUfUa7M;t=31[/MEDIA]"]

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
635 that GT350 video is straight badass.

I've still got my auto-blip in the box need to install it soon - mmm635 what RPM do you recommend to set it at for the blips? Is there an ideal range you would recommend for the track?

I was able to heel/toe my Boss 302 Laguna Seca like a champ - my feet would not work with the pedal set up in the GT350 configuration unfortunately after a a few sessions it was very clumsy for me had to order the auto blip.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The SRP pedals with the wider gas pedal make the heel-toe much easier

OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
Just posted a heads up over on TMO today about AutoBlip and 2017 model GT-350's and thought I should do the same here.

I've worked with Andres trying to get the AutoBlip to work on my '17 over the last couple of weeks and it turns out that Ford, for some reason, changed the voltage on one of the two pins used by the AutoBlip on the throttle position sensor. It makes it so the AutoBlip can't send the proper voltage for the blip and it puts the car in limp mode.

So, until Andres implements a fix, it won't work on '17 GT-350's. I don't know about other Mustang models but it would make sense that Ford changed all of the 17's I would think. Hopefully, he will have a fix soon.

Yep, good info here. I sent an email to the manufacturer and Andres did reply that they are working on a solution for model year 2017 cars. I'm going to give it a try once they figure out a solution.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ lol at 3:15.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack

Yep, good info here. I sent an email to the manufacturer and Andres did reply that they are working on a solution for model year 2017 cars. I'm going to give it a try once they figure out a solution.
Is there a chance that this is because of trackey and they don't want the auto-blip taking their features?

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I recently installed auto blip and it was excellent at the track. I don't use it on the street, I prefer to try and work on my heel toe. @mmm365 hit the nail on the head. I can focus more on other things than rev matching at the track. No more worries about the rear end coming loose down shifting under heavy braking.

elmn8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350 H0124 - Race Red
Is there a chance that this is because of trackey and they don't want the auto-blip taking their features?
I guess that is certainly a possibility. It doesn't sound like Andres has a good connection at Ford to find out why they increased the voltage.

I spoke with Andres yesterday and he is working on a revision to handle the new voltage. I'm going to test it for him when gets it done. Looks like it'll be sometime in late December before testing will begin. I'll keep y'all posted as to the progress...
Sponsored