Sponsored

Any other V6 owners have major engine failure?

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Update

Sorry to bring back to life a zombie thread :kickrock:, but this may be of interest. (Thread has morphed into a throttle-body one, [MENTION=22058]MYSHARK[/MENTION] was nice enough to allow it.)

I had a throttle-body failure last August and it was replaced. In October, I was called in to have the TB reprogrammed as well. The jobs were done quickly, no problems at all since. If anything, the car idled more smoothly and seemed to have better throttle response.

Yesterday I took the car in for routine service. (details if interested: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75913 ) My advisor told me I had a recall/FSA for the TB. Apparently Ford has a re-engineered version, it took awhile to get the new one tested and gov't approved.

***If you had your throttle-body replaced, you might want to find out if it's up to date. I found an FSA under notifications this morning (16B32) on my Ford Owners' page. It wasn't there 2 days ago. Or you could stop by your service dept and have them look it up?
Sponsored