Sponsored

AC went out

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
It had 200gms of refrigerant out of the 680 it takes. So was very low. Has to be a leak somewhere. I pushed them towards the evaporator but they claim they couldn't see a leak or problem. I have to go back in 2 weeks to see if any of the UV dye is visible anywhere. I feel like this is a problem I'm going to be fighting for a while until they actually take a long time and properly fund the problem...
There has to be a way to check that isn't that tough. I dropped our stang off at 7:30 for a 10:00 appointment for the door handle recall, and to check the a/c. At 1:00pm, they called saying the door was fixed, but they had found the evaporator leak. I guess it's possible that since it was low on refrigerant, and they couldn't find the leak under the hood, they rolled the dice on the evaporator. I have a hard time believing that, though. The evap is a PITA to replace. They'd want to be damn sure it was bad before diving into that!
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The evap is a PITA to replace. They'd want to be damn sure it was bad before diving into that!
Not if Ford paid well for the job OR someone was sitting idle. I'm sure after they pulled it, it would have a leak one way or the other. ;)

[ame]

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
Saga continues. Picked up the car today. Told to bring back Monday morning and they will replace the evaporator. Very frustrating. Maybe I am lucky, first time with issues with a new car since my 2001 C5 Vette. 2005 MINI Cooper S, no issues. 2009 BMW 135, no issues, 2011 MINI JCW, no issues, 2013 Fiat Abarth, no issues. 2016 Mustang ECB- ac out at less tha 5,000 miles. Disappointed.
Pathetic. Brought car back at 0730 on Monday. Was told might not get to it till Tuesday. Not happy. Told them I need a loaner. Tuesday Am, picked up a loaner- "17 Fusion with less than 2k miles. Told me it might be Wed to Thurs.
Suggestion: avoid Tallahassee Ford.
Thanks for letting me vent a little.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Wonder if there is a way for the OP to add a poll that includes year, single or dual AC and mileage. I'm pretty sure my AC will go out at exactly 36,001 miles.
If you looked on where the guys are located who's AC goes out, most are in hot southern climates (FL, GA, TX). They are probably running their AC 90% of the time.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Maryland here, I took my car in yesterday to get the AC fixed for the second time. Currently at 30,106 miles on a 2015. First time they said it was a leak in a line. Replaced the line and recharged it. I didn't think that was the fix, I think it was bad after just 3 months. I just couldn't tell because it was cold and the car blows cold air anyways. This time they said it's the compressor. My dealer doesn't do loaner cars, they pay for a rental. Their agreement is it has to be a Ford. The only Ford the rental agency had was an Excursion I think it's called. The thing is a BUS! I hate it! I dropped the car off Monday night and the didn't even start on it until about 3pm Tuesday so didn't even check for parts availability. You knwo they won't have the parts, that means one day longer on the parts order and me driving the BUS!

Edit* I was wrong, I just looked at it, it's called an Expedition.

Last edited:

RTmiata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Quick update. I had my car serviced and they fixed it. Unfortunately, I have smelled antifreeze ever since. I took it back a few days after the fix and they said they just spilled some and it was probably burning off. Now, almost 2500 miles later, I still smell it. I have an appointment tomorrow for them to look for it. I thought I was done with the shop :frusty:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Quick update. I had my car serviced and they fixed it. Unfortunately, I have smelled antifreeze ever since. I took it back a few days after the fix and they said they just spilled some and it was probably burning off. Now, almost 2500 miles later, I still smell it. I have an appointment tomorrow for them to look for it. I thought I was done with the shop :frusty:
What did they do to fix it? Mine was like that. Last summer I took it in, no AC and I smelled that smell (ooh ooh that smell). They said one of the lines had a leak. The replaced the line and recharged the freon. It worked but like you, I still smelled that smell. I figured over time it would go away. The only thing that went away was my AC about 3 months later. The smell eventually stopped since that was a few months ago. I didn't know a way to prove my AC wasn't working since it was cold but with the warm days we've had, I needed AC and nothing. This time they are saying the compressor is bad. They've had it all week trying to fix it, well since Monday evening.

By the way, I don't mean to indicate what they are doing to my car is an answer. I have little faith it will be correct, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm back at the dealer again this summer with the AC not working.

Last edited:

Long Run Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 ECB Manual Prem PP Nav CO "Orange Crush"
Pathetic. Brought car back at 0730 on Monday. Was told might not get to it till Tuesday. Not happy. Told them I need a loaner. Tuesday Am, picked up a loaner- "17 Fusion with less than 2k miles. Told me it might be Wed to Thurs.
Suggestion: avoid Tallahassee Ford.
Thanks for letting me vent a little.
Well Friday afternoon I finally got a call the evaporator replaced. AC working!.
Couldn't tell they had the dash off/ seats out. Great to have my car back. Every time I looked at my fusion loaner it reminded me I was 73. Got in my ECB/ manual and with the SOLO exhaust,I felt 21 again.:) Nick

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My AC went out a few days ago. It still seems to pump out "cool" air, but not as cold as before and with much less force even on max blower. The weird thing is, when the AC is on I hear a loud-ish whistling noise. Almost sounds like blowing over the opening of a beer bottle. Could it be something as simple as a vacuum line that came undone? Going to schedule an appointment tomorrow. I do have the AC on 95% of the time, so it does get used a lot. Was working perfectly until this. Any suggestions before I waste an afternoon at the dealership?

Sponsored

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
I was having an issue with my A/C not blowing cold air. Took it to my local dealer and explained the problem. I sat in the waiting room about 30 minutes. The guy came and told me my evaporator was leaking and they'll have the part in within the next few days. He said he would call me and they will install it for me. They said they had to remove the dash and what not to replace it.

Very happy with this dealer. Pioneer Ford in Bremen, GA. Very good service.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I was having an issue with my A/C not blowing cold air. Took it to my local dealer and explained the problem. I sat in the waiting room about 30 minutes. The guy came and told me my evaporator was leaking and they'll have the part in within the next few days. He said he would call me and they will install it for me. They said they had to remove the dash and what not to replace it.

Very happy with this dealer. Pioneer Ford in Bremen, GA. Very good service.
Pioneer is good... Bleakley, where I bought my car, not so good. They think being courteous is an excuse for being incompetent. By the way, I'm in VR. When you pick your car up could you ask them how common the evap problem is? I'm pretty sure it is widespread and Ford is hoping to get a lot of these cars out of warranty before it hits.

Last edited:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Does anyone know how much gas goes into the air con system. I just had 680gm of gas replaced and am trying to work out if that is a lot.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Does anyone know how much gas goes into the air con system. I just had 680gm of gas replaced and am trying to work out if that is a lot.
Per the owner's manual:

2.3L EcoBoost: A/C Refrigerant 21.2 oz (0.6 kg)

3.7L V6 & 5.0L V8: A/C refrigerant 24.0 oz (0.68 kg)

680 grams is 24 oz ... so sounds like the system was totally empty. You probably should have gotten a DTC of P0532, which is "A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor “A” Circuit Low".

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
10 000km (approx 6000miles) on my 2016 Ecoboost premium and half side of the aircon blows hot, other half blows cold. (Coldest at the left vents to hottest at the right vents).

Phone the dealer and they claim no Mustangs have this issue, its just mine. I do a quick search and find 100s of people on forums and youtube complaining about the A/C dieing on the S550s.

Not sure what to do, and I also have little faith in the dealership here being able to remove the dash in this car without damaging it.
Sponsored