SolidStu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Here's my AC story -

My car: 2015 GT Premium
Mods: Roush axle-backs with MRT H-pipe, oil catch can

My AC went out around August 18th after a long drive to San Bernardino and back (900mi round trip). Driver side stopped blowing cold first, then all vents stopped.

Took it in the first time on August 20th. The dealer recharged the AC and sent me on my way. Two weeks later, the problem resurfaced.

I was finally able to get an appointment on September 13th - This time with a different dealer. They could not find a leak, but they acknowledged that a one-year-old car should not need to have its AC recharged twice already. They injected dye, recharged and sent me on my way to drive for a week in order to pinpoint where it was leaking.

When I took the car back, I was sent away to drive for another week. The leak had not yet surfaced.

The next week, the technician who was supposed to look at my car was on vacation. No other techs available. One more week...

Finally, after about a month and a half and 300 miles with the dye in my AC, the leak was found. Bad evaporator.

One last week of waiting until they perform the repair next Monday, October 10th. As stated in previous posts, the dash will need to be pulled and they estimate a 2-3 day job.

I hope this helps anyone experiencing this same issue. It was not fun driving for several weeks in the 100+ degree summer heat.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Are you guys being offered loaner vehicles while your car is in? Wondering since the dealer where I purchased is an hour away
It varies depending on the dealer. They usually don't offer and sometimes decline to give you one.

I have the impression that Ford gives them a certain amount of credits so it may come out of the dealer's pocket.

FWIW, I made them put it in writing before placing the order that I would receive a loaner any time they couldn't complete a warranty repair the day I brought the car in (early). Considering how hard they fought that, I knew it wasn't going to always happen without it.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Damn, sucks my whole dash has to come out (possibly) for this. ☹

I'm seeing the same thing, driver's side went out, passanger side barely cold but it's colder than ambient.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Damn, sucks my whole dash has to come out (possibly) for this. ☹

I'm seeing the same thing, driver's side went out, passanger side barely cold but it's colder than ambient.
I mentioned in another thread:

Its worth disconnecting the battery in these cars for any problem that isn't leaving vital fluids or metal parts on the ground. Computers control so much and a stray bit can cause a lot of grief.

I had my AC almost stop cooling completely. I disconnected the battery for a while and the AC has worked fine for many weeks since, including the end of central AZ summer.

No guarantees but worth trying if you want to possibly avoid a trip to the dealer and the assorted mayhem that MIGHT cause (see thread about dealer totaling car brought in for minor concern).

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I mentioned in another thread:

Its worth disconnecting the battery in these cars for any problem that isn't leaving vital fluids or metal parts on the ground. Computers control so much and a stray bit can cause a lot of grief.

I had my AC almost stop cooling completely. I disconnected the battery for a while and the AC has worked fine for many weeks since, including the end of central AZ summer.

No guarantees but worth trying if you want to possibly avoid a trip to the dealer and the assorted mayhem that MIGHT cause (see thread about dealer totaling car brought in for minor concern).

will try

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
2016 GT PP Premium 9,900 miles.

Smell of freon when the AC starts up, blows cold. Currently in the shop, dropped off this morning

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Mine stopped yesterday and it only 1600km on the clock. Started the car and SYNC went into update mode and after the update was finished the aircon was dead. It wasn't even blowing hot air. Took it to the local dealer and they found power was going to the aircon module, but not to the fan. It goes back next Thursday for further fault finding/fix.

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My dealer (Gator Ford) diagnosed it as a leak in the Schrader valve and replaced the low pressure line assembly. Took 2 trips to the dealer as they had to order the part.

Sponsored

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
A couple months ago I started the car and the AC wasn't working, shut it off and turned it back on and everything was fine. Tonight coming home from work I noticed it wasn't blowing as cold as it should be, that's what led me here. I'm really hoping this isn't what is going on with my car. The idea of the whole dash being torn out terrifies me.

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Mine officially went out. Took it in to the dealer and told them I suspected the evaporator was leaking and they diagnosed it as a compressor issue. The replaced that and are saying it isn't passing the vacuum test of the system. The tech thinks it's an o-ring leaking. I'm not convinced it isn't the evaporator still. Any way to get regional ford involved with this process to maybe give them more information about this issue?

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
Add another one to the list. My 2015 with 25000 miles just had the A/C failure. Checked all the fuses and relays, the compressor is spinning and the clutch looks to be engaging. No cool air output at all. Have an appointment to take it in tomorrow but hate the idea of having the dash ripped out. Think they will say anything about my N2O lines and wiring?

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I think I mentioned this on another, similar thread. Up to this point, I can't say that I've had this problem, however, I feel like I've definitely seen the warning signs. I do get that occasional refrigerant smell when turning the system on. At other times, I get an almost moldy/mildew-like smell in the cabin when starting the system.

The thing is, I really only use it when I have to. Otherwise, I'll go windows down, and that may (unfortunately) be delaying the failure. I say "unfortunately" because I'm at 31,000 miles and nearing the end of my bumper to bumper warranty. I'd be pretty pissed if it failed soon after and I had to pay out of pocket for my dash to get ripped apart and the core replaced.

What's more, living in Baltimore, it's already cold out so it's unlikely I will use the A/C again until spring/summer, at which point I may very well be out of warranty...
Sponsored