Sponsored

JLT Intake system highlights, video results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey everyone.

It's been quite sometime since we released our system and there's been many results posted by shops/customers and such on the net.

I wanted to make this post to highlight them and put them in one post.

Our kit is a complete replacement kit, heat shield with grill duct, tube, filter etc.

Utilizes a 120mm MAF housing, it's a huge 5" opening at the filter side and necks down to 4.5" at the throttle body.

I like results, I like videos so here are quite a few we've gathered from the net.

Here's our own personal testing videos (3 total) These were done with our own tuner package (SCT X4), tuning is done by a local tuner we've used for years. Brent Hughes from DTP Racing here in Chesapeake, VA. Brent has been in the business for over 20 years and tunes nearly all makes.

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

These next post are all from Facebook where I can't hotlink the videos.

I would like to point out Johnson Tuning and True Street have no affiliation with JLT. They are not even dealers of our line. These were post they tagged us in on Facebook.

We strive for 3rd party results with every product we offer, we believe they mean a lot more than any single manufacture claim. I will continue to update this thread with more results as we stumble over them. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, enjoy the noise :)
JohnsonTuning.jpg
Whitehead.jpg
True Street.jpg
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I don't get why these intakes don't make a difference when paired with headers. Puts out the same numbers as stock intake with headers. Both tuned of course.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't get why these intakes don't make a difference when paired with headers. Puts out the same numbers as stock intake with headers. Both tuned of course.
Not according to the post directly above yours.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I read 467>477>488>506/stock>tuned>JLT>headers.There is no stock intake with headers number.

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Interesting. I tried finding that True Street Motorsports video on Youtube but couldn't.

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Interesting. I tried finding that True Street Motorsports video on Youtube but couldn't.
It's on Facebook

Ps. You can't compare one cars dyno to another cars dyno on a completely different dyno. Look at the gains, the differences.

Sponsored

Jay@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
All testing and comparing must be done on the same car, but if
$349+ tune = 485RWHP OR $2000 + install + tune = 485 RWHP
what's the better deal? :)

Anyway, I found more results on the same car and the headers made a pretty good gain. Cooler air and this is a 500 NA car
whitehead 350 2.JPG
whitehead 350 headers.JPG
whitehead 350.JPG

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I cant tell from the above what the gains are from the intake. It looks like 12 WHP but you have to get a tune to adjust for the large piping?

But it looks like a tune alone can get 15 to 20 whp(from other threads)?

I cant tell what gains the intake actually makes.

Sorry if in being dense.

It also seems like the dynos posted all have oddly low baseline power.

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I cant tell from the above what the gains are from the intake. It looks like 12 WHP but you have to get a tune to adjust for the large piping?

But it looks like a tune alone can get 15 to 20 whp(from other threads)?

I cant tell what gains the intake actually makes.

Sorry if in being dense.

It also seems like the dynos posted all have oddly low baseline power.
In most of the test we've seen the intake is worth 8-12whp over the stock setup. We're pretty happy with that when you consider the stock setup is already an open element.

I've seen these cars dyno stock 440-480 depending on the dyno and car.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thanks for sharing the results. Dyno to Dyno can be apples to oranges. Due to calibrations, temperatures, altitude, fuel, etc the numbers will vary. The best way to view the intakes effectiveness is what it did on one specific car on the same Dyno. Then take an average of all those cars to see an approximate gain that you might see on yours.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.