Sponsored

ZL1 will beat everything....wait....

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else find it funny that there is so much talk on the Camaro boards about how the ZL1 is going to stack up against a S550 GT500 that hasn't even been confirmed yet? It seems to me they are still not over how, after all the celebrating that was done regarding the Gen5 ZL1 announcement, Ford dropped that 662HP Shelby on them and the party was over before it even got started. I guess they feel it's going to happen again. And it might. Keep 'em guessing Ford!
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
They are blinded by brand loyalty, nothing wrong with that I guess, but I would keep quiet about the ZL1 out-performing the S550 GT500 until it's released.
Camaro guys will prob eat a lotta duck when the new GT500 is released :ford:

ls6-m22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice cars
Yeah Although I love the new ZL1 I think Ford has something evil in their near future plans. This is why I love being car guy and not a fanboy. Let the MCWII resume (muscle car wars 2)

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Yeah Although I love the new ZL1 I think Ford has something evil in their near future plans. This is why I love being car guy and not a fanboy. Let the MCWII resume (muscle car wars 2)
Muscle car wars 2 is happening on the streets & on the track w/the Cobra Jet & COPO. Man I'm stoked as hell, just need to hit the super-lotto so I can get a Stang, Camaro, Challenger, Vette, & a Viper LOL.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
This is what the camaro guys thought in 2012 when their ZL1 came out.
2013 the butthurt/excuses came. 2016 the prices of the two are a 10k difference. When they were first being sold they were within 1k from each other (around 55k).

Finally GM has an answer, cept it will still be heavier and produces less power than the '13 GT500!!!!

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Anyone else find it funny that there is so much talk on the Camaro boards about how the ZL1 is going to stack up against a S550 GT500 that hasn't even been confirmed yet? It seems to me they are still not over how, after all the celebrating that was done regarding the Gen5 ZL1 announcement, Ford dropped that 662HP Shelby on them and the party was over before it even got started. I guess they feel it's going to happen again. And it might. Keep 'em guessing Ford!
I thought the fifth gen zl1 actually bested the the gt500 on the road coarse but drag race. Now with irs and other goodies on Ford's side i don't know how they are predicting that. If Ford drops a 700+ hp engine in that car with 10 speed auto, then its game over for Chevy.

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the fifth gen zl1 actually bested the the gt500 on the road coarse but drag race. Now with irs and other goodies on Ford's side i don't know how they are predicting that. If Ford drops a 700+ hp engine in that car with 10 speed auto, then its game over for Chevy.
Nope. Urban myth. GT500 beat the ZL1 on the track just as many times as the reverse happened. Just depended on what sort of track configuration they were running.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If the GT500 is going to be built on a GT350 body and suspension. Things wont go well for the ZL1 again. Drag strip or road course. But the ZL1 looks to be a match for the Hellcat at the strip and will probably best it on a road course. It'll probably make things tuff on it's big brother the Corvette also. I'm seeing the Z06 as the only Vette that will handle the ZL1 in both arenas. The Camaro6 boys have piped down quite a bit since the GT500 test mule has been seen testing. The track pack has also quited their chirping quite a bit about the SS vs GT.The Ford vs Chevy battle has always been an entertaining well fought battle!:cheers:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
All the zl1 performance figures are for the car with the 10spd automatic and gm has already said the 10spd won't be available until later probably in 2017. The 6spd mt is all that can be had right now. What horse sh#t

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
All for nothing, but the ZL1 is going to be putting the hurting on a lot of cars out there. 650 hp and 650lbs. of torque?! Yup, it's going to. ;)
I'm waiting for the new GT500 to come out myself. I'm not a "fan boy" for any one specific brand as I have a killer '16 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab and a killer '13 GHIG Roush Stage 3. (I traded in my Hugger Orange Camaro SS for the Roush.)
I've seen some "real life" photos of the new ZL1 and I gotta admit, I don't really like it. Maybe it's the colors of the cars or the photos themselves, but I don't really dig it as much as I thought I would. :shrug:

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All for nothing, but the ZL1 is going to be putting the hurting on a lot of cars out there. 650 hp and 650lbs. of torque?! Yup, it's going to. ;)
I'm waiting for the new GT500 to come out myself. I'm not a "fan boy" for any one specific brand as I have a killer '16 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab and a killer '13 GHIG Roush Stage 3. (I traded in my Hugger Orange Camaro SS for the Roush.)
I've seen some "real life" photos of the new ZL1 and I gotta admit, I don't really like it. Maybe it's the colors of the cars or the photos themselves, but I don't really dig it as much as I thought I would. :shrug:
Nobody said it isn't going to a performer, but too many seem to think it's the end-all of four seat performance cars.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Both cars are going to be great. And there will be a lot of comparing back and forth. And no one will ever admit the the other brand car is better in anything.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Both cars are going to be great. And there will be a lot of comparing back and forth. And no one will ever admit the the other brand car is better in anything.
been that way since 1967 :headbang:
Sponsored