jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack, Wht w/ blu
Diff Temp Sensor

Thanks to all who did all this work. You showed me how to get to this:

image5.jpg

And now, perhaps this is old news and I haven't seen it yet, my Tech Pack looks like this:

image2.jpg

Looks like all the wires for the Diff Pump and Diff Temp sensor come out of the PCM and BJB. However, they stop at the connectors at the left and right kick panels.
Here is the left side. Connector C264 is the white one (hardest to get to). Four wires run through this connector; Diff temp sensor and return, Diff pump speed control and diag. On the right side, two wires run through connector C215; hot and run/start (relay) (not pictured).

image6.jpg

To check if the temp sensor would work, I just ran two leads to connector and the sensor; pin 4 (green) is the sensor wire and pin 21 (gray) is the return.

image1.jpg

I'd like to use this connector to run my wire. Does anyone know where I can get these terminals? I've looked at Terminal Supply, Waytek, DelCity, but can't tell what I need. I'll need other terminals for the other connectors too. Starting here because I thought it would be easy to check if the sensor worked.

image4.jpg
Sponsored

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
You should be able to source the connector from the parts department.

Reactions: jwb

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Strong work jwb, keep it up! You are on to something here for sure. First Tech Pack I'm aware of with Axle Temp in the display (well, kind of).

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to source the connector from the parts department.
Thanks Madlock. I'll try them tomorrow. I really just want the terminals. It would be great if they sell connectors with uncrimped terminals. Pigtail will work; not as clean to me.

Thanks [MENTION=22428]barstowpo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17369]rb92gt[/MENTION].

Wire and wrap will be here this week. I'll post progress as it happens.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Will this work with an Iphone?

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=23028]Lurker_350[/MENTION], if I can find terminals and work out the routing, I'd be happy to make a second prototype and send to you. My harness will have two of the wires needed for the diff pump also.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Awesome sleuthing jwb!

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
@Lurker_350 , if I can find terminals and work out the routing, I'd be happy to make a second prototype and send to you. My harness will have two of the wires needed for the diff pump also.
Hey, I'm in line too! I'm still encouraging you to make 2000. Maybe a few less. This is awesome detective work. I usually am only able to let the magic smoke out of the wires when I mess with wiring.

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Diff Temp

[MENTION=23028]Lurker_350[/MENTION], if I can find terminals and work out the routing, I'd be happy to make a second prototype and send to you. My harness will have two of the wires needed for the diff pump also.
Curious, my GT PP has a diff temp PID which I can read, does the GT 350 not have the sensor in the diff(Tech Pack?)? I see the track pack GT 350 does? If that's the case I have several friends with the Tech Pack and this is good info.
Thanks for sharing.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Curious, my GT PP has a diff temp PID which I can read, does the GT 350 not have the sensor in the diff(Tech Pack?)? I see the track pack GT 350 does? If that's the case I have several friends with the Tech Pack and this is good info.
Thanks for sharing.
Correct, no sensor in the diff on a Tech Pack car.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
JWB you are at the head of the class. Ford needs to snatch you up immediately so that you can teach them what they haven't figured out, and then figure out a way that they offer both fixes, OEM for a package price of 3000 including install!