Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
  • Banned
I've seen some with the magnaflow system, anyone see or hear the Borla system yet? I talked to Dave Borla a few weeks ago but haven't seen anything yet. Both systems are active.
Sponsored

stang99svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech
I gathered intel that JBA is in the process of producing a setup as well.
No eta on product release or additional market information.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Dave borla called me Monday and said they just finished the setup for the GT350. He's not quite happy with it but said the new and final set up would be done today or Thursday. Said he's gonna call me once it's done.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Atleast Borla contacted people back. I emailed a few times and never heard anything. I love my stock exhaust but I've had Borla on my last 3 cars and I'm definitely interested in the 350 setup

Any mention whether their system will delete the resonators or will be cut and clamp after the resonators?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Atleast Borla contacted people back. I emailed a few times and never heard anything. I love my stock exhaust but I've had Borla on my last 3 cars and I'm definitely interested in the 350 setup

Any mention whether their system will delete the resonators or will be cut and clamp after the resonators?
I didn't ask because I have ARH long tubes and off road X pipe. I've been talking to Dave Borla about it adapting to my system.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I didn't ask because I have ARH long tubes and off road X pipe. I've been talking to Dave Borla about it adapting to my system.
Would be nice to have both options. Price will be interesting since its a limited market and more so with header upgrades.

I want to hear your car with Borlas!

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've seen some with the magnaflow system, anyone see or hear the Borla system yet? I talked to Dave Borla a few weeks ago but haven't seen anything yet. Both systems are active.
Just finished R&D, will be released in a couple of weeks. Took us a bit to make the loud exhaust circuit perfect but we finally got it. Sounds great and different from the others. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected] . Thanks.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Where' the vids?

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Just finished R&D, will be released in a couple of weeks. Took us a bit to make the loud exhaust circuit perfect but we finally got it. Sounds great and different from the others. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected] . Thanks.
:popcorn:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm in line for this.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Borla always does it right! I've had two Maggy systems blow out on me so...oh brand new ones both within a timeframe of less than 1 year. Not one, one year, then one the next, no both within the same 1 year period.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I've always been a fan of Borla. I wonder though... will the sound be better in Normal mode? That's what I'd want.
I also recall "rumors" that the stock system for the GT350 was made by Borla??? I could have been dreaming though. ;)

For Sport mode... I am almost certain that Ford is using strait through pipe! I don't know how you could improve sound if that's the case.

Has anyone cut open the OEM mufflers on a GT350 yet?

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've always been a fan of Borla. I wonder though... will the sound be better in Normal mode? That's what I'd want.
I also recall "rumors" that the stock system for the GT350 was made by Borla??? I could have been dreaming though. ;)

For Sport mode... I am almost certain that Ford is using strait through pipe! I don't know how you could improve sound if that's the case.

Has anyone cut open the OEM mufflers on a GT350 yet?
We were able to improve on the sport mode sound (and power) and we use our patented ATAK technology to do it. No one else does it the way we do ("patented" duh) and if you want to learn about the technical details please email me or just let me know here and I'll get into it. Basically we tune the exhaust system like a pipe organ with different sized straight through pipes. The different diameters and lengths amplify certain frequencies and harmonics giving us virtually infinite control over the exhaust note and the straight through technology allows us to accomplish this without causing restriction.

Here's an old press release on the patent - http://www.prweb.com/releases/borla_atak/2/prweb10875815.htm

In the case of the GT350 we used solid cores of different diameters and lengths to give the GT350 a more exiting exhaust note in sport mode.

Everyone else is using a traditional straight core and I have yet to see a dyno from a competitor that beats our design from a power perspective.

Sound is subjective of course but in my opinion the results we saw with our ATAK technology provides a note that is more exciting and fits the GT350 better.

We made the stock tips but we did not make the stock exhaust.

Any more questions please let me know.
Sponsored