BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Finally got my fluids swapped out today using the combo kit. The directions from OP make this swap pretty much fool proof. Having two pumps, teflon tape, and the tie to check the diff fluid level make this easy.

I was rather surprised at the color of the original diff fluid and the metal on the plugs. Car has just over 16,000 miles and has never been to the track. If you are on the fence about swapping the diff fluid I would certainly recommend it.

I've only put about 7 - 8 miles on the car after swapping, but I can already tell a difference in how much smoother gear changes are. It also seems to have quietened the transmission at low speed/low rpm ranges. I'm hoping that things continue to smooth out as I get some more miles on it! BG fluids and the MGW shifter make this like a new/different transmission! :cheers:
Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Finally got my fluids swapped out today using the combo kit. The directions from OP make this swap pretty much fool proof. Having two pumps, teflon tape, and the tie to check the diff fluid level make this easy.

I was rather surprised at the color of the original diff fluid and the metal on the plugs. Car has just over 16,000 miles and has never been to the track. If you are on the fence about swapping the diff fluid I would certainly recommend it.

I've only put about 7 - 8 miles on the car after swapping, but I can already tell a difference in how much smoother gear changes are. It also seems to have quietened the transmission at low speed/low rpm ranges. I'm hoping that things continue to smooth out as I get some more miles on it! BG fluids and the MGW shifter make this like a new/different transmission! :cheers:
And it is always easier when everything is included that should be....:doh:

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have to say that everything you include is soooo helpful. I mean the pump, tie with a mark and cup help so much!

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
:lol: All is well! Mistakes do happen, and I always judge a company at how they handle it when a mistake does happen. Once you guys knew what was missing you got it shipped out ASAP on a Saturday, I believe, and I had it half way across the US by Monday. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Cant wait to change the fluid in my manual, need to rack some mileage first though. only 500 miles so far.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I finally got around to doing this while installing my MGW. Should have done this sooner, big improvement. I had a ton of metal sludge on the diff magnetic plug. If you are unsure about it just do it. OP has made it super easy to do with everything they include and detailed instructions.

Sponsored

Bankss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maurice
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium 6SPD
Swapped out my factory fill for the BG fluid, made a huge difference. I must've had a defective hose clamp on the pump because mine popped off a few times and made a mess. Other than that, I'm extremely pleased with the results of this fluid. I plan on purchasing again when it's time to.

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Did the B&G swap last weekend. I had no complaints about this transmission before the swap after owning a few notchy BMW manuals, it felt like those.
The B&G actually locked me out of 2nd gear on a 35 degree morning yesterday, I was surprised. Seems to work about the same as the stock fluid after about 200 miles and when warmed up.
Not worth it to me but I'm sure it does help many people

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The B&G actually locked me out of 2nd gear on a 35 degree morning
And you know this because no transmission has ever locked someone out of any gear even once if it didn't have B&G in it?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
2nd gear is particularly finicky on this trans with stock shifter. BG improves it but doesn't eliminate the difficulty getting into it sometimes at freezing or colder temps. I skip shift 1-3 until the trans is warm when it's actually winter weather outside.
Sponsored