bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Unfortunely some guys can spend a ton of money on a car. And still get spanked by a decent driver in a stock or bolt on car. The usual suspects that thought they could run with a blown Mustang over there. are the same guys that can't understand that once the mods go on. The Camaros stock advantage fades away. Our forum has just as many bench racers as they have. But it is fun to read their posts.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Unfortunely some guys can spend a ton of money on a car. And still get spanked by a decent driver in a stock or bolt on car. The usual suspects that thought they could run with a blown Mustang over there. are the same guys that can't understand that once the mods go on. The Camaros stock advantage fades away. Our forum has just as many bench racers as they have. But it is fun to read their posts.
True, but comments like s550 needs at least a blower to keep up with the gen6 camaro is a little extreme and i dont know what to say to that!:shrug:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL don't say anything. It's to stupid to reply to! I'm like this :doh:at a few of those guys over there. But most will give credit where credit is due. Just like you & I do.:shrug:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Money makes some people stupid i guess!

Did you guys also see that one thread at the camaro vs section with one stock camaro owner racing against a blown s550 gt and winning. But it turned out that the s550 owner was there trying to dial in his tune with the new setup, and spinned his tires pretty bad.

They made a huge deal out of it, its insane! They really thought for a sec that a stock ss can go toe to toe with a blown s550. Some of these guys are really stupid
Brand Loyalty is incurable IMO :headbonk::lol:

Sponsored

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Not sure why everyone thinks the SS is godzilla but stock for stock a 16 SS didn't kill me as everyone expects. From a roll ~60mph on a "closed course highway somewhere in mexico" it seemed like a wash to me against a brand new SS (still had temp tags) a few weeks ago. He wanted and I obliged. Went 4 times. Just a CB, 3.31s, and heavy 20s on mine and neither pulled on the other. He seemed stock aside from exhaust or maybe the SS is louder stock?

If he started, the initial lunge got him out about a fender and that's where it stayed. When I started the same thing happened but with me ahead. That week I orderd a Lund FF and PMAS :D

DrDane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT A6 400A 3.55
Variable Valve timing, you guys should read about it. It's why the Coyote gets more out of boost than the Pushrod LT1.

I've always been a GM guy, but personally the s550 just looked so much better than the recent camaro. The new 16 camaro looks great now and I wish I had a 8-10 speed auto, but still love my stand and am happy with it. :ford:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Variable Valve timing, you guys should read about it. It's why the Coyote gets more out of boost than the Pushrod LT1.

I've always been a GM guy, but personally the s550 just looked so much better than the recent camaro. The new 16 camaro looks great now and I wish I had a 8-10 speed auto, but still love my stand and am happy with it. :ford:
The LT1 has VVT as well. What the 5.0 has that the LT1 doesn't is variable camshaft timing, owing to the DOHC setup.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The LT1 has VVT as well. What the 5.0 has that the LT1 doesn't is variable camshaft timing, owing to the DOHC setup.
The LT1's VVT changes are made by rotating the entire camshaft. The 5.0 is able to change intake and exhaust cam timing independently.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the excuses of my car is/was stock & yours isn't. :thumbsup:
Sponsored