Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle's build - PWNIE 2.0 (The Red Ruby)

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
I hate to say it but it's a crappy car for me/us.

the suspension is too soft, the engine too peaky, it's too lazy and wallowy. It's nearly useless for any practicality, and I can't get over the huge front and rear overhangs. It was an emotional purchase, and one that I regret. I was so damn hell-bent on replacing my old 2013 bMustang (which was in itself very flawed) and I poorly assumed that the IRS and new chassis would fix what I didn't like about the old. It did fix the suspension, it did improve on the cheap interior. The terrible MT-82 and 3.31 gears in the old were also improved greatly upon the old 2013. But as a complete "package" to me, it still hasn't measured up to my 2005 GTO (when the GTO was new). Hell I keep looking at autotrader from time to time at used decade+ old GTOs. The lack of Recaros in a convertible also sucks. The steering is numb, the stock Performance Pack tires are not even comparable to Pilot Super Sports, the convertible is too soft and floppy. The rear constantly wheel hops/is not at all "sure footed" and the car is just too big. It's like i'm driving a cigarette boat.

I think I poorly assumed that it would be a real "driver's car" nimble/agile, connected to the road etc, fix all my dislikes about my '13, live up to the driving experience of my old GTO, and be so much better in every way, and do all of that while being a convertible. I think I've outgrown the car, what it represents, as well.

This isn't even comparing it to my Focus RS. But I'll be honest, I prefer the RS to the Mustang.

We've been shopping the ATS-V, M3, C63 AMG, and now the Alpha Guilia. I think I'm pretty set on getting into an ATS-V after some test drives.

The Mustang is a good car for it's money bracket and what you get for it. It is in no means a "bad car". But it is not the car for me anymore.

I'm certain that a GT350 would actually solve about 80% of my gripes about my current car, but it won't make the car any smaller, and the ATS just feels like the faster you go, it shrinks around you.

I am in a fair, balanced marriage, and I also have to look at it from my wife's perspective. She likes cars, she likes to go fast, and loves a car that can really nail an apex. She loathes the Mustang. She loathed the last one. If she had to go somewhere and she were "parked in", she would go as far as moving the mustang out of the driveway just to fish her RS out.

The problem is that I too, have reached a point where I'd also fish the RS out and leave the Mustang at home.

I know part of life is a simple fact that we are constantly changing, evolving. Our tastes and desires in life change with us and our age.

I think I am confidently completely past my desire for a muscle car/pony car/v8.

It was randomly 70 degrees one day last week and I totally went for a drive with the top down, and was reminded of what I love the most about the Mustang, but that's just one aspect.

years ago I had a 2005 GTO and a 2004 Beetle convertible. Two totally different cars, but I loved them for also two totally different reasons.

I tried to combine the best of them in my 2013 Mustang, and again in my 2016, and at least at this price point, it fails to do so.

I know that on a Mustang forum nobody wants to hear anything negative, but this is my personal take.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
GL with the sale. I've driven a few goats but to me they feel fat, slow and have crappy suspension. I would take my Mustang 10/10 times. But everyone has different tastes in cars. The ATS-V is one sick ride, I wish Ford would offer something similar.

Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
First off, i have to say - the car is STUNNING! YOU did a TERRIFIC job on it. I would not regret it, you learned a lot about it and yourself. It was a great experience! Cars are not forever, you will get out from under it.

I have had a few doozies for sure, at least yours is in perfect condition and not stranded in the garage needing a ton of work before you can even think about selling it!

We are getting into car show season, maybe you can bring it to a few of the bigger early ones. I know you are a tad upside down by the book, but your car is still a FANTASTIC deal for the person who would either not have the knowledge to do the mods or the one who would have to save for years after the car price - or the person who just wants it all from the get go.

used car laons are DIRT CHEAP right now. I mean DIRT cheap like 3.09% for 84 months over at Nationwide.

The one thing that is true in cars is there is someone for every seat - we just have to find that person....

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I hate to say it but it's a crappy car for me/us.

the suspension is too soft, the engine too peaky, it's too lazy and wallowy. It's nearly useless for any practicality, and I can't get over the huge front and rear overhangs. It was an emotional purchase, and one that I regret. I was so damn hell-bent on replacing my old 2013 bMustang (which was in itself very flawed) and I poorly assumed that the IRS and new chassis would fix what I didn't like about the old. It did fix the suspension, it did improve on the cheap interior. The terrible MT-82 and 3.31 gears in the old were also improved greatly upon the old 2013. But as a complete "package" to me, it still hasn't measured up to my 2005 GTO (when the GTO was new). Hell I keep looking at autotrader from time to time at used decade+ old GTOs. The lack of Recaros in a convertible also sucks. The steering is numb, the stock Performance Pack tires are not even comparable to Pilot Super Sports, the convertible is too soft and floppy. The rear constantly wheel hops/is not at all "sure footed" and the car is just too big. It's like i'm driving a cigarette boat.

I think I poorly assumed that it would be a real "driver's car" nimble/agile, connected to the road etc, fix all my dislikes about my '13, live up to the driving experience of my old GTO, and be so much better in every way, and do all of that while being a convertible. I think I've outgrown the car, what it represents, as well.

This isn't even comparing it to my Focus RS. But I'll be honest, I prefer the RS to the Mustang.

We've been shopping the ATS-V, M3, C63 AMG, and now the Alpha Guilia. I think I'm pretty set on getting into an ATS-V after some test drives.

The Mustang is a good car for it's money bracket and what you get for it. It is in no means a "bad car". But it is not the car for me anymore.

I'm certain that a GT350 would actually solve about 80% of my gripes about my current car, but it won't make the car any smaller, and the ATS just feels like the faster you go, it shrinks around you.

I am in a fair, balanced marriage, and I also have to look at it from my wife's perspective. She likes cars, she likes to go fast, and loves a car that can really nail an apex. She loathes the Mustang. She loathed the last one. If she had to go somewhere and she were "parked in", she would go as far as moving the mustang out of the driveway just to fish her RS out.

The problem is that I too, have reached a point where I'd also fish the RS out and leave the Mustang at home.

I know part of life is a simple fact that we are constantly changing, evolving. Our tastes and desires in life change with us and our age.

I think I am confidently completely past my desire for a muscle car/pony car/v8.

It was randomly 70 degrees one day last week and I totally went for a drive with the top down, and was reminded of what I love the most about the Mustang, but that's just one aspect.

years ago I had a 2005 GTO and a 2004 Beetle convertible. Two totally different cars, but I loved them for also two totally different reasons.

I tried to combine the best of them in my 2013 Mustang, and again in my 2016, and at least at this price point, it fails to do so.

I know that on a Mustang forum nobody wants to hear anything negative, but this is my personal take.
Thanks for the reply :thumbsup: totally understand.

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Speaking in terms of crank HP not wheel HP for the layman in the ad. 423 + 18% = 499. 444 + 18% = 523

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Funny, I have an ST and am selling it for a mustang, figured if step up into a big boy car again LOL. I looked hard at the RS but they are still hard to get around here.

I can say that I know I'm going to miss the precision of the ST... But figure the SC will make up for it some :-D

Good luck and sorry to see you go.

And I have to ask, but with a license plate like that, are you a computer geek like me? LOL it cracked me up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Funny, I have an ST and am selling it for a mustang, figured if step up into a big boy car again LOL. I looked hard at the RS but they are still hard to get around here.

I can say that I know I'm going to miss the precision of the ST... But figure the SC will make up for it some :-D

Good luck and sorry to see you go.

And I have to ask, but with a license plate like that, are you a computer geek like me? LOL it cracked me up.
yup, it's dual purpose.

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)