My car is oxford white, black roof, no stripes
Sponsored

Azzurri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi RS5
Hey guys new here.

I have a question. If I would go to the dealer and wanted to order a GT350R do they still add the mark up even if I didn't mind waiting a year for it to actually be built?

RickH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
GT350R HR333
Azzurri: Yes. First you will need to find a dealer who genuinely has an allocation. They were doled out sparingly based on past Mustang sales. Some dealers will take an order without having the allocated car. I would imagine most of the 2017 "R" models have been spoken for at this time. The dealers that have them in stock typically want $30-40K over MSRP. Look on Ebay and you will get a feel for the prices. Mustang Manny in Las Vegas is sort of propping up the market. He buys allocations from other dealers, probably paying them $20K over and then he sells them at $30-40K over. The "R" continues to be built in 2018 MY. That or a used 2016 might be your best bet.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
^^ Just looked this guy up

Guess he fashions himself as the "Luigi Chinetti" of performance fords ...

IMO not really the point of the car, but i guess if there is an extra $10-20k to be made for 'concierge' service then there really is $$ being made every day...

Either way I'd like to register my car:

GT350
Chassis H2387
Oxford White w/ OTT blue stripes
Convenience Package
Built 10/16

purchased the 'old fashioned' way :)

Azzurri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi RS5
Azzurri: Yes. First you will need to find a dealer who genuinely has an allocation. They were doled out sparingly based on past Mustang sales. Some dealers will take an order without having the allocated car. I would imagine most of the 2017 "R" models have been spoken for at this time. The dealers that have them in stock typically want $30-40K over MSRP. Look on Ebay and you will get a feel for the prices. Mustang Manny in Las Vegas is sort of propping up the market. He buys allocations from other dealers, probably paying them $20K over and then he sells them at $30-40K over. The "R" continues to be built in 2018 MY. That or a used 2016 might be your best bet.
Thanks for the reply. Too bad I like the R but paying that much over the MSRP is not worth it to me. The non R is still a bad ass car I'm looking forward to drive at one of my local dealers here.

Sponsored

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
When did you take delivery?
I have HR269. It was builder late October. I took delivery on Dec 2nd
My car is oxford white, black roof, no stripes
Hey Readfast..

I have not taken delivery yet. I have a connection at a dealer who was trying to locate an R for me somewhere in the country. As expected no allocations found but we located about 6 new cars and 6 lightly used cars (new but driven). All had huge mark ups of course and wrong colors. By chance I called a dealer in my hometown and they had an Oxford R that had been ordered a year ago that the deal had fallen through on. Pure luck. It was the only R they had gotten as they are pretty much a truck store. I bought it on the spot. It has been there for two weeks for panel adjustments, stripe replacement, clear bra and weather. It is chassis GR272 and the build date was 11/16 so those dates make sense...

DreamPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 H2823
Took delivery yesterday. 17 GT350 Electronic package, Race Red, black roof. H2823.
Every time I try to post a picture, it's upside down.

Last edited:

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Hey Readfast..

I have not taken delivery yet. I have a connection at a dealer who was trying to locate an R for me somewhere in the country. As expected no allocations found but we located about 6 new cars and 6 lightly used cars (new but driven). All had huge mark ups of course and wrong colors. By chance I called a dealer in my hometown and they had an Oxford R that had been ordered a year ago that the deal had fallen through on. Pure luck. It was the only R they had gotten as they are pretty much a truck store. I bought it on the spot. It has been there for two weeks for panel adjustments, stripe replacement, clear bra and weather. It is chassis GR272 and the build date was 11/16 so those dates make sense...
Congrats!

Hopefully they took care if you on the price! But whatever you ended up paying? You'll be happy that you got it!

I ordered mine and waited 8 months for it to show up! I've put 400 miles on it so far and have enjoyed every min of it.

Enjoy! :cheers:

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
New 2017 base model, white with blue stripes, car cover. Chassis: H1807. Transporter dropped it off to me this morning.
It's hard for me to believe I've achieved my dream car and it's sitting here in my garage. Feeling blessed today, that's for sure.

Sponsored

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Congrats!

Hopefully they took care if you on the price! But whatever you ended up paying? You'll be happy that you got it!

I ordered mine and waited 8 months for it to show up! I've put 400 miles on it so far and have enjoyed every min of it.

Enjoy! :cheers:
Appreciate the nice words...

Let's just say in my opinion it was a very fair ADM :) and less than many paid. If I could have spec'd the car I would have spec'd it just like yours! Oxford with the black roof. Perfect. Clean. Glad you are digging it!

Mj

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
2017 GT350 - Took delivery Feb 10
Chassis H2252
Grabber Blue/White Stripes
Base - 900A
51238559-03E3-4F49-AE3B-3117A1E8E0C6.jpg

Jimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 , '08 Evo X GSR, '01 Eclipse GT SDS
G5563
2016 Base GT350 Shadow Black w/ track package

Last edited:

17SHLB350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
2017 GT350 H2227 OXFORD WHITE W/ BLUE STRIPE ELECTRONICS PACKAGE. DELIVERED FEB 20, 2017.

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Congrats! I hope to see you around some time soon.
Sponsored