Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Email or call us and we will send you another belt.
Will do!

**Edit**

Done. William is sending me a new belt on Monday. Appreciate the outstanding customer service.
Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Soooo

I received the belt on Tues/Weds but didn't get around to installing it until today. Before the install I sprayed each idler pulley with water to see if I could figure out what the culprit was. The when the idler pulley adjacent to the tensioner was sprayed, the chirp went away for a few seconds and then came back.

I removed all pulleys, checked for rough/worn surfaces, cleaned them and then made sure they were reinstalled to the correct torque values. When I removed the problem idler, I did notice that the retaining bolt was a little tighter then the rest, so I'm thinking that maybe I over torqued it. After fiddling with the pulleys, I installed the new belt and its nice and quiet under the hood.

I'll report back in a week.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Soooo

I received the belt on Tues/Weds but didn't get around to installing it until today. Before the install I sprayed each idler pulley with water to see if I could figure out what the culprit was. The when the idler pulley adjacent to the tensioner was sprayed, the chirp went away for a few seconds and then came back.

I removed all pulleys, checked for rough/worn surfaces, cleaned them and then made sure they were reinstalled to the correct torque values. When I removed the problem idler, I did notice that the retaining bolt was a little tighter then the rest, so I'm thinking that maybe I over torqued it. After fiddling with the pulleys, I installed the new belt and its nice and quiet under the hood.

I'll report back in a week.
I've had that issue with another S/C. If all the pulleys are not 100% aligned, the belt begins to shift slightly and makes the noise. The worst the alignment is, the longer the sound will be heard. spraying with oil or water, will just cause the belt to "slip" and you won't hear it until it dries off.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I only sprayed the pulleys with water to figure out which one was the issue. The chirping stopped on the one that was over torqued, and then returned seconds later. I just used the water to troubleshoot really. Day 2 and everything is still good with the new belt and adjusted pulleys.

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
Ive been having the same problem, I flipped the belt but it still does it. Its definitely the belt. When i spray it with belt conditioner it goes quiet. Nd then comes rite back when i stop spraying it

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a constant squeal now 100% of the time that gets louder with every press of the gas pedal.

Just got car back from billet opg and t sprocket so apparently I'm going to have to rip the belt system off now to double check everything is aligned correctly and only then will I get a replacement belt.

Foxracing19931

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Ive been having the same problem, I flipped the belt but it still does it. Its definitely the belt. When i spray it with belt conditioner it goes quiet. Nd then comes rite back when i stop spraying it
Buy a duralast belt from autozone best 23 dollars spent :D

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
More than likely the idler plate stands are pressed in incorrectly causing the tensioner and idlers to be slightly at an angle. Remove idler plate and put a flat edge across them all. If they are off, will need to remove them and we can send new stands.

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
@Whipple can you send me a new belt

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
@Whipple can you send me a new belt
Please check alignment of the support stands first, more than likely it is off and therefore the belt will only temporarily fix it. If alignment is corrected, the same belt will be fine.

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Okay ill check it and get back to you.

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
This is something that comes up in the aftermarket on older vehicles--if you keep replacing the belt and the chirp comes back it isn't the belts fault. Since these are new cars you eliminate a lot of reasons but since superchargers are involved you got to check pulley alignment--Dayco sells a kit that uses a lazer to check alignment, a mm is all it takes. We have had garages that were at their wits end with belt chirping and after getting the belt rep in there it was found to be pulley misalignment. I'm just telling what I have learned here in the parts store--not trying to sound like an expert.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
This is something that comes up in the aftermarket on older vehicles--if you keep replacing the belt and the chirp comes back it isn't the belts fault. Since these are new cars you eliminate a lot of reasons but since superchargers are involved you got to check pulley alignment--Dayco sells a kit that uses a lazer to check alignment, a mm is all it takes. We have had garages that were at their wits end with belt chirping and after getting the belt rep in there it was found to be pulley misalignment. I'm just telling what I have learned here in the parts store--not trying to sound like an expert.
For the most part it will show up as aligned, but there are 5 support stands on the back of the spring loaded/idler plate. These if pressed in just slightly crooked can crush the aluminum in the radius, and not let it seat all the way. This then makes the tensioner track at just a slight angle, loading the idlers at an angle, causing bearing and belt chirp.

The Gates/Dayco alignment tools are excellent tools but this should show up with the plate off and a straight edge.
Sponsored