Sponsored

2016 Mustang GT vs 2016 WRX STI

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The four bangers were Kings back in the day, when old v8's were merely pushing 300 350 hp. Early generation mustangs, gto's, and camaro's were little inferior to these Japanese imports. However, the ball game changed when camaro was equipped with the corvette engine back in 2009 if i remember right. Then Ford join the game with the 5.0 coyote, and you could afford these cars less than the Japanese imports. 2004 mach 1 and cobra were beasts too but too pricey. I even wanted to have an evo 8 or wrx sti back in the day. Evo was my dream car, especially the FQ400 version, which we didn't get in the states by the way.

Now with how powerful and well equipped these domestic muscle/sports cars are, its no brainer to own one of them, rather than a sti. However one day i would love to own a Nissan Skyline R34 with all the available Apex, or Greedy aftermarket applications. That car will always have a special place in my heart.:love:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Simple bolt-ons and e85? That's wheel horespower and torque, btw. Considering the WRX dynos about 230whp stock lol.
400 at the wheels isn't bad as long as you have good reliability. I assumed 400 motor.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
The four bangers were Kings back in the day, when old v8's were merely pushing 300 350 hp. Early generation mustangs, gto's, and camaro's were little inferior to these Japanese imports. However, the ball game changed when camaro was equipped with the corvette engine back in 2009 if i remember right. Then Ford join the game with the 5.0 coyote, and you could afford these cars less than the Japanese imports. 2004 mach 1 and cobra were beasts too but too pricey. I even wanted to have an evo 6 or wrx sti back in the day. Evo was my dream car, especially the FQ400 version, which we didn't get in the states by the way.

Now with how powerful and well equipped these domestic muscle/sports cars are, its no brainer to own one of them, rather than a sti. However one day i would love to own a Nissan Skyline R34 with all the available Apex, or Greedy aftermarket applications. That car will always have a special place in my heart.:love:
The landscape has changed for domestic cars, that's for sure. Nissan GT-R R34 V Spec is one of my all-time fav cars. However, by the time they're legal here, im sure they will carry a price tag of near $80k. It simply would not be worth it.

400 at the wheels isn't bad as long as you have good reliability. I assumed 400 motor.
I mean, thats Evo power with similar mods on a WRX. Subaru is on to something with the FA motor, i hope they continue to improve upon that and one day soon see it in the STi.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
You will smoke it as long as you don't sit there roasting your tires. I like them a lot and have always flirted with getting one but always end up getting another mustang. After destroying a lightly modified Hawkeye in my 14 track pack I decided Subaru will have to give it a major power bump to get me out of a mustang. If the car is new to your boss he is just as likely to bog it pretty bad as he is to get a big jump on you.
I do have my eye on the Focus RS also! That launch mode jump is downright nasty!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Simple bolt-ons and e85? That's wheel horespower and torque, btw. Considering the WRX dynos about 230whp stock lol.
Simple bolt ons meaning a bigger turbo.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
and probably injectors, fuel pump exhaust. Basically like installing twin turbos onto a Mustang GT.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Stock turbo can hit 400whp on E85. Problem with the FA20 is the rods are weak. Once you get around 350wtq and above they can let go at any moment.

SQ

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
There is a video floating around here of a stock turbod EB hitting 10s. And then blowing up. If the tune isn't safe. What's the sense of doing it? To get to 400 sensibly. You have to use bigger turbo, injectors, fuel system, etc.

Timinaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 J3307 Sold (Dec 2021)
I picked up my 17 GT Premium PP on New Years Eve and my wife just picked up her 17 WRX last weekend. They are both a blast to drive and are very comparable in traffic. If we decide to track them, I will post numbers.

33417210732_81ccdbaa93_b.jpg

33110488023_6cf521d68a_b.jpg

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Had a 15 STI for a DD along with my 03 Cobra (still have that and actually havr the motor ready to come out to be rebuilt as of yesterday!). The 15 was my 3rd WRX (first STI) as I have owned an 05 (2.0) and an 09 (same motor). I actually traded my 13 Boss 302 in for the STI as I planned to have the 03 Cobra and STI combo. In stock form it is completely underwhelming. A stock Coyote will stomp it in anything other than 1st. My 15 went as far as Stage 2+ (intake, downpipe, ID1000s, fuel pump and E85 capable). That put the car at around 340/380 at the wheels. At that point it was able to hold off my buddy's 14 GT from a roll to about 110mph when he would start to walk past me (crap Bama tune only). They can be fun cars and have some grip for sure but once you mod an EJ you constantly wonder if
Today is the day you're going to need to dump $5k into it (at least I did as my 09 did blow a head gasket on nothing but a Cobb Flash at 40k). If you're happy with Maxima power I say beat the piss out of it stock and let Subaru replace the motor if it goes. If I got another AWD car it would be a Golf R. Love my MK7 GTI and they are holding up very well to 390/450 crank (not bad for a 3,000lb car).

oldskoolfunk

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Widebody S550 Slammed
I picked up my 17 GT Premium PP on New Years Eve and my wife just picked up her 17 WRX last weekend. They are both a blast to drive and are very comparable in traffic. If we decide to track them, I will post numbers.

33417210732_81ccdbaa93_b.jpg

33110488023_6cf521d68a_b.jpg
wanna see how fast is the new wrx

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Over the weekend I was on my way home and an STI gunned it past me. I was turning left to go home but I had about half a mile of road and was clear to pull back on to the main road if I wanted to. Made me curious if I could have spanked him. But with my luck, even if I did, there would have been a cop waiting to congratulate me.

-Emt1581

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Over the weekend I was on my way home and an STI gunned it past me. I was turning left to go home but I had about half a mile of road and was clear to pull back on to the main road if I wanted to. Made me curious if I could have spanked him. But with my luck, even if I did, there would have been a cop waiting to congratulate me.

-Emt1581
Congratulate...:lol::lol::lol:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I don't want to talk early but looks like Subaru is about to announce the BRZ STI! Now, if they put that 2.5 turbo boxer in that car and still keep the weight below 3000 lbs, then i ll be heading to a Subaru dealer for a test drive for sure!
Sponsored