Original tires not lasting long

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Mine made 7k before hitting the wear bars. I am thinking aggressive driving and the PP torsen being fairly tight makes for higher wear, especially on turning. Always chirping my tires on turns, even under moderate acceleration.
Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wishing i hadn't seen this thread :frusty:
First batch of cars aren't arriving our side of the pond until December, Ford in their infinite wisdom have kept the P-Zero Summer tyres on the car, and are completely fine with supplying a performance car to the UK in winter with Summer tyres .... because all of their standard vehicle range have summer tyres. As i pointed out to them though, not all of their cars are rear wheel drive monsters.
I had considered putting all seasons on or even winters (our temps are already dipping below 45f), if the Pirellis dont last 4000 mile that may be coming sooner than i think. Best get saving, new set of rubber is at least ÂŁ800 ($1300)
At those temps, they will be rock hard and last forever LOL. They are scary at 50° on dry roads (will break loose in third rolling on the throttle). I went out the other night and could believe how bad it was initially; did better once they came up to temp but you still have to be careful in first and second gear.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had as/3's on the the back of mine for about a week due to a mixup at Michelin and I didn't really like them. They were much better than the p zeroes but didn't grip enough. When I got the pilot super sports on the back I was as happy as I could be, I didn't know street tires had that much grip heh.

I do have the blower on it though so the as/3's might have been just fine with a stock car
The AS3 will never compare with the SS in warm dry conditions but are outstanding everywhere else (with the exception of snow, I havent had them in the snow before). I prefer the peace of mind that the AS work well in a variety of conditions (we get a lot of rain) and if it prevents my wife or I from a single accident, they are well worth the summer performance gap for me.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
The AS3 will never compare with the SS in warm dry conditions but are outstanding everywhere else (with the exception of snow, I havent had them in the snow before). I prefer the peace of mind that the AS work well in a variety of conditions (we get a lot of rain) and if it prevents my wife or I from a single accident, they are well worth the summer performance gap for me.
With tires down to the wire I've never lost traction with rain mode on. Even with the sudden downpours that Houston likes to get I've never had issues. With that in mind I'm happy to let the car handle the wet traction since even on the crappy p zeros the car hadn't slipped up.

I'm much more concerned with blowing the tires off at stop lights because I launched at 2k without thinking. On those p zeros anything above 1.5k and my tires were spinning. The as/3's seemed a little bit better but it was still apparent that they were going to be spinning too much.

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
Had the same issues with the factory Pirellis on our 11 Brembo GT and ended up replacing them with Cooper Zeon RS-3. The Coopers are really good tires and i ended up putting them on our Audi A4 Quattro. Got close to 50k from them on our 11 GT before replacing with a new set. I plan to switch to the Coopers on the 15 as well once these wear out. So far at 12k miles they're holding up and should last until 20k miles hopefully.

Sponsored

B17drvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE #48
The BFG sport comp 2 are great. The sport comp 2 A/S is excellent too.

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869 (Kona)
I've got 8000 mi on these Pirellis, they have been awesome so far. I drive the car pretty hard and have 9/32" left on fronts and 6/32" left on rears. Obviously not the greatest tires out there, but their doing OK for now. I'm thinking the Michelin's on the car after these are wore out.

Bo50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
50 Years LE WW 6sp #1353
Will try to put Michelin run-flats on my AE since there's no spare.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I just replaced my P-Zeros yesterday, My GT Premium is an automatic (A first for me). Car has 15000 miles on the clock. The tires were at 45 % with the fronts wearing badly on the Outside edge (Camber). I rotate them every 5000 and noticed the front wear and decided to replace them as they were becoming very noisy as well.
I Purchased (4) Continental DWS06 their latest version and had them installed by hand No impact gun on the shitty stock lugs. I talked to the Tech before hand and tipped him $20.00 for his effort. Next week is alignment with emphasis on tire wear.

350sexZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 50yr ww 6spd -2014 explorer sport
my rears were finished after 71xx miles and went with Michelin pilot sports. And finally get traction.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I just replaced my P-Zeros yesterday, My GT Premium is an automatic (A first for me). Car has 15000 miles on the clock. The tires were at 45 % with the fronts wearing badly on the Outside edge (Camber). I rotate them every 5000 and noticed the front wear and decided to replace them as they were becoming very noisy as well.
I Purchased (4) Continental DWS06 their latest version and had them installed by hand No impact gun on the shitty stock lugs. I talked to the Tech before hand and tipped him $20.00 for his effort. Next week is alignment with emphasis on tire wear.
Sounds like the front camber you have isn't as far negative as you need, and your front pressures may be a little low for your driving.

Norm

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Question..

Do I need to rotate the PP tires? Obviously I can't X rotate. Do I need to do them side to side, or is it not worth the effort?

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869 (Kona)
Question..

Do I need to rotate the PP tires? Obviously I can't X rotate. Do I need to do them side to side, or is it not worth the effort?
I have the track pack on my car so the fronts are a different size than the rears and they are directional. No rotating:( You might be in that same boat.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Question..

If your right side vs left side tire wear is not comparable, there would definitely be some benefit.

This would typically happen if you either tracked your car on courses that had more turns in one direction that were clearly more abusive than turns in the other, or from street cornering that's much harder in one direction than in the other . . . or possibly from an asymmetry in the alignment settings if your cornerings are pretty well evenly matched (you'd want to get this last cause fixed).

Norm

WesleyT96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
I have 21,000+ miles on my 20" p zeros. about 6/32+ left. Mileage is not an issue but traction could be better. Drive them year round, even a few single digit days. I will be switching to a different brand depending on where I live when I change them.
Sponsored