Sponsored

Shelby GT350 shift light indicator

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The system doesn't blink intermittently - it blinks at whatever level you set in the style you choose, so it will be easy to get used to. Duplicate red or multicolored LEDs and the extra wiring probably would have weighed too much! :D

It's also a pretty economical alternative to an expensive, rattly, dirt-collecting projector system like the Corvette has.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Those lights look exactly like my collision avoidance lights on my '15GT PP except they are a different color. When mine goes off, it looks just like that on the windshield.
collision.jpg

B17drvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE #48
So they have heads up shift light but not a heads up display for anything else...Not saying I don't like it, just seems kind of silly that they didn't just throw a speedo on there too.
I've never looked at my speedo at the track. Most race cars don't have a speedo.
As a matter of fact, I don't look at my speedo much on the street either. :D

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
A speedometer is there so you can tell the police officer how fast you were going...

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Tach is all you need for track work. Trying to figure out how fast you're going into a corner with the speedo is more of a distraction. I like it. The less busy, the better in my opinion. It's similar to Ferrari's wheel mounted light, just that this one stays stationary, so it seems that it may be even better.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Those lights look exactly like my collision avoidance lights on my '15GT PP except they are a different color. When mine goes off, it looks just like that on the windshield.
That's because it's the same thing with different light programing based on use.

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe

Hoosierdaddy27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
That's because it's the same thing with different light programing based on use.
I think the point was that those of us with Collision Warning would love to figure out how to adapt it to also give us shift points....

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's funny - I should expect it but I'm always surprised. Ford comes out with a cool new idea and when it is announced people complain that they want more/different. It's even included in the cost of the car as standard, not an extra cost option.

-=Hot|Ice=-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW M3, 2014 C300 4Matic
Ford, you could have told us about this little easter egg a little earlier! Very cool!

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
surely this is a sign that full HUD is coming to the s550. 2018 maybe?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Ford, you could have told us about this little easter egg a little earlier! Very cool!
WHY????????????

This is marketing 101 boys and girls.... they announce something and they get a bunch of FREE media attention...a few months later when news cools a bit they announce another item and get the media attention again....

This is NOT about selling 1 more GT350 (they will sell all they make)...this is about keeping FORD's name in the media....
Sponsored