Cooled seats not cooling

OP
OP

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Just beat me to that question. Mine is not even close to being the same. Bottom cools, the back just blows air, no cooling. Hope we can find this answer. :)
This is exactly what I explained to service this morning, I'll let you know what they say when they call me back.
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Just double-checked on this as well. The cooling/heating feature works just on the actual seat area and the lower back (lumbar) area. It doesn't however, extend the whole way up the seat back.

Jeff
Thanks. Mine doesn't seem to cool any on the back at all even down at the bottom in the lumbar area. I may have to take mine in to see if this is normal or can be fixed. I think there are others on the site that may have this problem as well. Again thank you.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
This is exactly what I explained to service this morning, I'll let you know what they say when they call me back.
Thanks. If they fix it and you feel cool air on the lumbar area of your back please let me know. I don't think it is working on either of my seatback lumbar areas, just the bottoms.

OP
OP

FeedtheNeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
So, they basically told me that it is functioning the same as all other Mustangs on their lot.

I will be making a complaint to Ford because this is certainly not a "cooled" seat.

Sure, the bottom is cool, but the back just blows hot air when it is hot out which just makes it that much worse. I could accept it if it simply didn't do anything but I can't use them at the only time it makes sense to.

Considering the terrible body panel alignment and the number of issues I have had, I am definitely not going to purchase another Ford product in the future.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
So, they basically told me that it is functioning the same as all other Mustangs on their lot.

I will be making a complaint to Ford because this is certainly not a "cooled" seat.

Sure, the bottom is cool, but the back just blows hot air when it is hot out which just makes it that much worse. I could accept it if it simply didn't do anything but I can't use them at the only time it makes sense to.

Considering the terrible body panel alignment and the number of issues I have had, I am definitely not going to purchase another Ford product in the future.
This is what I'm concerned about I take it in and they say its normal functioning. I'd like to sit in some of these people that say theirs works great to get a comparison. I may take it in anyway just to see what my dealer does.

Sponsored

Our 15 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT Premium, 6 sp auto, 401a, 20 "
mine does nothing on the back of either seat. with was disappointing since my f 150 is wonderfull on a hot fl. day

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I love this new idea that the lot can just claim that defects from the factory are "stock" and do nothing. :frusty:

This is what I'm concerned about I take it in and they say its normal functioning.
That's exactly what happened to me.

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
I will take mine in. The bottom is the only part that is cooling. No part of the back, including lower lunar reagin, has any cooling at all.

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just checked mine. It's cold today, so I used heat. I get it on the seats and back. And the back goes all the way up. Pretty much, then entire vented leather has heat. I'll try to AC when the weather is warmer so that I can feel it.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Its not the heat, just the cooling. My heated settings work just fine. I'd actually like to know if anyone has had theirs actually fixed for this or not. Anyone?

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
It would have been nice to know I was only getting half the option I was paying for before I ordered. Like others have said, I would have gotten the Recaros if I knew the cooling feature was almost useless. Way to go, Ford. :tsk:

francisco511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have been noticing that the back only cools when the a/c is blowing out of certain areas/ combos. (Windshield/leg area/directly at you)

I still haven't figured out which combinations but it definitely isn't cooling the back all th time like it's supposed to.

At first I thought I was crazy that I couldn't feel the cooled seats at certain times.

Bullitt2059

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
I have been noticing that the back only cools when the a/c is blowing out of certain areas/ combos. (Windshield/leg area/directly at you)

I still haven't figured out which combinations but it definitely isn't cooling the back all th time like it's supposed to.

At first I thought I was crazy that I couldn't feel the cooled seats at certain times.
Hey I have been reading up on this (worried with mine on order). It looks like our Ford Rep had this to say

"Hey there, Free Agent. Just got word back today. The seats aren't connected to the HVAC system; they use a heat exchange system that reduces or raises the air temp as it's entering the seats. The reason the cooling seems to work better when the A/C is on, is because the air in the cabin will already be cooler."

I will say that when I turned the cooling feature on during my test drive, on a hot day, I felt hot air on my back, but the doors were open and the AC was not on. So if its an exchanger or sorts, the air wasnt cold enough to make the seat cool.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks. Mine doesn't seem to cool any on the back at all even down at the bottom in the lumbar area. I may have to take mine in to see if this is normal or can be fixed. I think there are others on the site that may have this problem as well. Again thank you.
Sure thing! Send over your info: VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer. I'll loop in a customer service manager to assist with your dealer visit.

Jeff

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

You’re always welcomed to bring it in to a different Ford Dealer for a second opinion, FeedtheNeed. Let me know if you do, and what they say.

I will take mine in. The bottom is the only part that is cooling. No part of the back, including lower lunar reagin, has any cooling at all.
It would have been nice to know I was only getting half the option I was paying for before I ordered. Like others have said, I would have gotten the Recaros if I knew the cooling feature was almost useless. Way to go, Ford. :tsk:
Definitely bring them in and get them looked at, guys. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for your areas.

Deysha
Sponsored