natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
If you hear anything please let us know [MENTION=16202]Darko66[/MENTION]. I did see someone talking about a software update on some thread and I had the same version they said was flashed to their ECU. Can you post your version [MENTION=7400]USMC0341[/MENTION]? I have chewed so many Ford dealerships and corporates asses for things not working and them telling me they do, so I don't have a very good relationship with them anymore. I'm even trying to avoid them for the door latch recall. I would suppose that even if the DIY is applied and an update is applied the seats should be able to grow icicles on me and my girls naughty bits!
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I got the run around by a few dealers saying the seats operate as designed. and no problem existed. Ford finally sent a field service engneer he could not find anything wrong. But he said there was a software update for the computer that controls the seat heating/cooling. After the update the seats "magically" work now. At no time did ford admit there was a problem but hey it works now so I'll take it.
"...no related concerns." :lol:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
But he said there was a software update for the computer that controls the seat heating/cooling. After the update the seats "magically" work now. At no time did ford admit there was a problem but hey it works now so I'll take it.
You could actually tell that the seat back coolers were working way better after this so called software update?

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
You could actually tell that the seat back coolers were working way better after this so called software update?
They didnt work from the start and started working after the update. coincidence? Maybe. But it works now! Ill check and see this weekend what software they loaded and report back.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Wait what? For the cooled feature, is it supposed to be cooling the back as well? I thought the butt(bottom) part is the only part it cooled.

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Wait what? For the cooled feature, is it supposed to be cooling the back as well? I thought the butt(bottom) part is the only part it cooled.
Yep the backs too. Its supposed to cool just like heats.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I haven't looked in this thread for a long time. My 2015 EB seat back have always cooled but not well at all. Initially you could BARELY tell anything was happening. Then Ford released a TSB for the issue actually having parts replaced in the seat back. I had the TSB done and again barely noticeable difference. The seat bottoms cool just fine, the backs are hardly noticeable. I'm very curious about a software fix to this and have some hope for it. This very well could be simply poor handling in the PCM.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
both mine cool for a second, its the fact that after 5 minutes in the summer it does the fawking reverse of cooling:frusty:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I got the run around by a few dealers saying the seats operate as designed. and no problem existed. Ford finally sent a field service engneer he could not find anything wrong. But he said there was a software update for the computer that controls the seat heating/cooling. After the update the seats "magically" work now. At no time did ford admit there was a problem but hey it works now so I'll take it.
Are you familiar with the modifying as-built data in the DIY section of this forum? Any chance you use ForScan? The module is the SCME and there are only 8 addresses in that module. Any chance you could pull them and let us know what they are? If so, others that use ForScan could simply make that change. Once tested we could publish that for MANY users.

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Are you familiar with the modifying as-built data in the DIY section of this forum? Any chance you use ForScan? The module is the SCME and there are only 8 addresses in that module. Any chance you could pull them and let us know what they are? If so, others that use ForScan could simply make that change. Once tested we could publish that for MANY users.
Yes i have Forscan and will pull that info up and post it!

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Yes i have Forscan and will pull that info up and post it!
That is AWESOME news! This could help a lot of people if it works!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Wait....do you have a number for a TSB or anything documented that states there is a software fix for the cooling issue with the seats?? It's already starting to get warm here in FL and that would be awesome to get taken care of now rather than later.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Wait....do you have a number for a TSB or anything documented that states there is a software fix for the cooling issue with the seats?? It's already starting to get warm here in FL and that would be awesome to get taken care of now rather than later.
I don't think there is any TSB for a software fix ... just the TSB for the hardware so called "fix". But maybe the dealership has some kind if inside info from Ford about a software update for the cooled seats. Guess time will tell.

USMC0341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
That is AWESOME news! This could help a lot of people if it works!
The heating and cooling was always intermittent for me and since the upgrade they work now and consistently. Hope this helps!

Sponsored