Sponsored

Illiminated Sill Plates

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
4 Roush, unfortunately for us that have the LE or Anniversary Package, we need a harness, which doesn't come with the Roush set. No one seems to be able to get our factory harness enabled through programming the BCM.
Correct, the Roush set is Plug and play with housing already installed in the car. Just terrible that its not in yours. It should have been.:tsk:
Sponsored

Motrv8

50th KB/auto signed by Ke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
50th anniv. #436 Kona blue/auto trans
Number to Ford for the illuminated 50th anniversary LE numbered sill plates is
Ford Show Parts 1-800-367-3788. Maybe if enough of us get on the waiting list, they will go ahead and make them for us. They have them designed just not produced.

Motrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
For the sill plates call Ford Show Parts at 1-800- 367-3788. Maybe if enough of us get on the waiting list, we can get them to go ahead and produce them.:-) All this stuff was in the 50th anniversary kit except for the pic with the people from the factory.
IMG_0892.jpg
COA.jpg
sill plate.JPG

Motrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Sill plates

Anyone gotten any updated word on the custom illuminated sill (scuff) plates?
Ford Show Parts still not listing anything for 2015.
Update: Still being worked on but here's a pic of it from my 50th anniversary package. get on the waiting list and maybe it'll make them go ahead and make some. The correct phone number for Ford Show Parts is 1-800-367-3788. LAst time I called them there were 30 people on the waiting list. I am #3.
sill plate.JPG

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
Thanks I'm on the waiting list but haven't been contacted. I wonder how difficult the install will be?

KB894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE # 894 - Kona Blue - Auto
The sill plates are now available to order for LE owners - VIN # required.
Fordshowparts.com
As for installation - not sure.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
The sill plates are now available to order for LE owners - VIN # required.
Fordshowparts.com
As for installation - not sure.
Mine is ordered. Sounds like less than one hour install...Also was told it works with My Color.

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Black Performance Package Base GT
Here's the "new take-off" I purchased on eBay:
I am interested to see the new multi-wire setup and which is the ground on the door sill side. Would also be interested to see which ones you crossed for that last color on the multi wire setup. I have new takeoffs with the multi-wire setup but am not interested in getting the factory female wiring ends. Just need to know what is ground on that set and then I can at least power it up and find the color I like.

Thanks!

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Mine is ordered. Sounds like less than one hour install...Also was told it works with My Color.
MY COLOR WILLNOT WORK

I received a call from Ford about my order. They informed me the my Color will not be active as I was originally informed when I placed my order.

You'll be able to chooses a color based on how the 4 wires are connected...base colors White, Red, Green & Blue + you'll be able to combine wires to get variation's of color.

Nice that they called me back with the correction and asked me if I still wanted to order...I said yes-->:thumbsup:

Sponsored

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
I'm wondering if it would behoove one to wait and see if they eventually wire them so that the MyColor will work...???

Scoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang
I bought a set of custom lighted sill plates for my wife a few years back and this was the same set up -- you picked a color depending on which wires were connected to each other.

The install was fairly easy. I had to tap into one of the wires in the harness on the right side going back to the rear of the car. Then another wire ran from the right side up under the dash to the driver's side. The hardest part of the install was removing the original sill plates without damaging them.

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I'm wondering if it would behoove one to wait and see if they eventually wire them so that the MyColor will work...???
Thank you for the update Husker!!

y2silverbullitt- I wouldn't wait if you want them. If it could easily be done- it would be done, now. Who knows how long Ford is going to keep these available-there is a fixed limited market for them afterall...

I'm real old school and keeping this car "as factory built" (not cutting into the wiring harnesses etc-if easily reversable plug and play then maybe but with that option dead, I'm out) so not for me. I was gonna buy a set to just "hold" but with My Color not operating with them I've lost interest.

Although I very much understand the desire for a stamped alum sill plate (old school) this is the one big let down I have with the car. These "custom" numbered illuminated (via MY Color) should have been original factory installs with the old school "stamped" plates being the after purchase alternative from Ford Accessories. This was an error by Ford.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Thank you for the update Husker!!

y2silverbullitt- I wouldn't wait if you want them. If it could easily be done- it would be done, now. Who knows how long Ford is going to keep these available-there is a fixed limited market for them afterall...

yeah, but if you have a VIN# and haven't purchased yours, shouldn't it remain available. Unless my theory of somebody with more money than sense bought up all the sill plates and then try to sell them for profit...?? Do they not verify if the VIN# you enter online is associated to you as the "owner" ...??

I'm real old school and keeping this car "as factory built" (not cutting into the wiring harnesses etc-if easily reversable plug and play then maybe but with that option dead, I'm out) so not for me. I was gonna buy a set to just "hold" but with My Color not operating with them I've lost interest.

I'm with you. Don't want to mess with the way it came. And would be more inclined to if the MyColor was integral.

Although I very much understand the desire for a stamped alum sill plate (old school) this is the one big let down I have with the car. These "custom" numbered illuminated (via MY Color) should have been original factory installs with the old school "stamped" plates being the after purchase alternative from Ford Accessories. This was an error by Ford.

Agree 100%! $50k limited edition cars should come with all the lipstick they can put on the pig, tastefully, imho. Why should we have to pay for a serialized plaque and sill plates, when they easily could've been a perk to those of us that bought LE's :headbonk:

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
yeah, but if you have a VIN# and haven't purchased yours, shouldn't it remain available. Unless my theory of somebody with more money than sense bought up all the sill plates and then try to sell them for profit...??

Do they not verify if the VIN# you enter online is associated to you as the "owner" ...??
When I ordered mine (Phone) they looked up my Vin# then asked me to verify my address, place of purchase, etc....Not sure what they do online to verify-->:shrug:

I'm not happy with the way Ford packaged the LE, but, I Gotta have the lighted sill...My last car had one, it was an attention grabber...

IMO, The sill will be the best way to show off you have a special car to the uniformed, versus the lame dash plaque + I think it's COOL-->:headbang:

In the future, it will be an aid in selling the car, especially, if the one next to it does not have one-->:D
Sponsored