Sponsored

Illiminated Sill Plates

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
I can confirm the Settings that MustangChief quoted in the post above, worked for my 50 Yr AP GT Fastback.

I met up with Nemesis911 on Saturday (Awesome Guy and he has a very nice convertible in CO). He had offered to help me out with updating my car to get the take off Sill plates working with the ambient lighting.

First he checked the as-built settings and it showed 7B7-01-1 as 0040 0000 00
and then he changed it to 0042 0000 02. Saved the settings and turned the car off and back on and the door sills now work with the ambient lighting and you can change the color.

I just want to thank Nemesis911 again for helping me out with getting the sills to work.

Charles
Sponsored

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Durango R/T, 2010 H-D CVO FLSTSE
I can confirm the Settings that MustangChief quoted in the post above, worked for my 50 Yr AP GT Fastback.

I met up with Nemesis911 on Saturday (Awesome Guy and he has a very nice convertible in CO). He had offered to help me out with updating my car to get the take off Sill plates working with the ambient lighting.

First he checked the as-built settings and it showed 7B7-01-1 as 0040 0000 00
and then he changed it to 0042 0000 02. Saved the settings and turned the car off and back on and the door sills now work with the ambient lighting and you can change the color.

I just want to thank Nemesis911 again for helping me out with getting the sills to work.

Charles
Any time Charles! That's the best part of forums like these. Being able to collaborate with fellow enthusiasts, openly share information and expertise and then put it into practice - plus you make new friends along the way.

I must say seeing seeing those sill plates finally light up (in orange of course) on was extremely gratifying. Anyone who hard wired them in might want to consider going back to the stock wiring harness now that we know how easy it is to get the MyColor option working.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Any time Charles! That's the best part of forums like these. Being able to collaborate with fellow enthusiasts, openly share information and expertise and then put it into practice - plus you make new friends along the way.

I must say seeing seeing those sill plates finally light up (in orange of course) on was extremely gratifying. Anyone who hard wired them in might want to consider going back to the stock wiring harness now that we know how easy it is to get the MyColor option working.
So no additional module was needed? just reprogram of the existing LE module and it worked?

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So no additional module was needed? just reprogram of the existing LE module and it worked?

No, we just plugged in the take off Sills, and hooked up the programmer that connects to the laptop through bluetooth and changed the setting.

We both have the 50 AP package, not the the LE, but it should be the same. You would want to use the setting I changed since you have the fastback. Nemesis has a convertible so the setting was different.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I want to thank everyone for the input in keeping this thread alive and also those who have worked diligently on the "As Built Data."

With the pioneering work you have done, I now have lighted sills. I cannot believe how freakin easy it was.

From this: 7B7-01-1 as 0040 0000 00
To This: 7B7-01-1 as 0042 0000 02

When I looked down and saw the sills lit up... WHAT A SIGHT TO SEE.

Special thanks to @LIPony for his help in answering my questions.

Michael

Sponsored

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to thank everyone for the input in keeping this thread alive and also those who have worked diligently on the "As Built Data."

With the pioneering work you have done, I now have lighted sills. I cannot believe how freakin easy it was.

From this: 7B7-01-1 as 0040 0000 00
To This: 7B7-01-1 as 0042 0000 02

When I looked down and saw the sills lit up... WHAT A SIGHT TO SEE.

Special thanks to @LIPony for his help in answering my questions.

Michael
Glad you got them working. Nemesis911 should get most of the credit since he was kind enough to help me get it working on my car.

Enjoy the lighted sills.

Last edited:

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Thanks [MENTION=14331]Nemesis911[/MENTION]

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got my 4 wire sill plates, now need to get them put in and figure out how to get them working with MyColor. I am hoping the pigtail is already in place and it just works when I plug it up. Dont know yet if the AsBuitData needs to be changed or not or if I could just wire it into the existing MyColor floor lights. Changing that AsBuiltData has me more paranoid then Augustus Galoob being questioned by Willy Wonka about a new chocolate drink.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Well I got my 4 wire sill plates, now need to get them put in and figure out how to get them working with MyColor. I am hoping the pigtail is already in place and it just works when I plug it up. Dont know yet if the AsBuitData needs to be changed or not or if I could just wire it into the existing MyColor floor lights. Changing that AsBuiltData has me more paranoid then Augustus Galoob being questioned by Willy Wonka about a new chocolate drink.

They do plug right in, but you'll have to modify the as built data. It does work. I did mine months ago and no issues as a result.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They do plug right in, but you'll have to modify the as built data. It does work. I did mine months ago and no issues as a result.
Do you know if the wiring is under there already? Or will i need to get the pigtail? I don't have a LE car just an AP car. Modifying that AsBuiltData is gonna eb the thing I am going to have to figure out how to deal with as I really am worried about bricking my ride.

Sponsored

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Do you know if the wiring is under there already? Or will i need to get the pigtail? I don't have a LE car just an AP car.
Wiring harness is already there, just no power to that circuit.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wiring harness is already there, just no power to that circuit.
Cool, sorta lol... Guess I am just going to have to find someone close that is experienced on editing the AsBuiltData to turn on that circuit.

Ummm anybody around North Alabama in here?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Check with the guys in the Service Department at your Dealership and explain the situation.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Check with the guys in the Service Department at your Dealership and explain the situation.
Hahahahaha, I am still trying to find a decent dealership to even go to. Everywhere I have gone the experience has been less than low class.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I checked with the dealership and was told they no longer are allowed to edit AsBuiltData. I am sure its not that tough to figure out ForScan and I might just have to tinker with it myself. I did just see a thread from google search where a guy said he plugged them in and they turned on. Maybe Ill get lucky and they don't have that circuit turned off since it's in the first few months of production of the s550.

Still would like to find someone in N Alabama that knows how to edit it though.
Sponsored